October 2011 Moms

Boston Bumpie GTG?

Hey ladies!  We mentioned a Boston GTG in the FFFC thread last week - are you guys still interested? Let's throw some ideas out there!

I work full time during the week and I know Shannon said she works weekends.  A late Saturday or Sunday afternoon works for me though! 

Kellybug and canadiansciencegeek said they are interested - anyone else?  Anyone have contacts to the other Boston gals (Creedon, Mrs. Mo, jeannkerri, any others?)

It's going to be "wicked" fun. Wink

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Boston Bumpie GTG?

• I am definitely interested.  I am a SAHM so my schedule is very open.

I lack creativity so I don't have a lot of ideas for activities.  I haven't been to the children's museum, but maybe that could be an option?

• I'm up for it assuming the day isn't already booked. 
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If we plan something this month I'm in. (assuming we can plan it for a Saturday afternoon after 2pm or Sunday). My EDD with DD2  is 4/8, so who knows when she will show up. Obviously if we plan something for April/May/June I'd still like to go, but I wouldn't be a definite.

I think the Children's Museum would be fun, I don't think I've been there since 6th grade haha. It's tough to plan something outdoors, as we all know March in NE can be very unpredictable, so I think something inside would be our best option.

So yea.. let's figure this out! :-)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I could do the Children's Museum! Ive done playdates there before and it works well.

Is anyone around this weekend, the 9th? I can't do March 16th, but I could do March 23rd too.

I was just thinking we are creeping up on Shannon's due date!
  • I'd probably be in, if it's on a Sunday afternoon.  My Saturdays are pretty booked for the month.  But don't plan around me, I'm all sorts of scattered.  Can someone FB me the details when it's decided? I'm hardly ever on here anymore but I really want to go, if I can make it!

ETA:  I just remembered we're doing a 5k on the 17th. Argh, this month is so busy.  As of right now, my availability is the 10th (for sure) and maybe the 24th.   Let me know the date even if it's not when I am available, maybe I can swig it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejeannkerricotober09:

I'd probably be in, if it's on a Sunday afternoon.  My Saturdays are pretty booked for the month.  But don't plan around me, I'm all sorts of scattered.  Can someone FB me the details when it's decided? I'm hardly ever on here anymore but I really want to go, if I can make it!

ETA:  I just remembered we're doing a 5k on the 17th. Argh, this month is so busy.  As of right now, my availability is the 10th (for sure) and maybe the 24th.   Let me know the date even if it's not when I am available, maybe I can swig it.

Where is your 5k Jeann?

Could others do a Sunday?  The 17th is out for me too - we throw a big bash for the parade here in Southie. Smile But I could do the 10th and the 24th!

• imagecolleenb262:
    imagejeannkerricotober09:

I'd probably be in, if it's on a Sunday afternoon.  My Saturdays are pretty booked for the month.  But don't plan around me, I'm all sorts of scattered.  Can someone FB me the details when it's decided? I'm hardly ever on here anymore but I really want to go, if I can make it!

Where is your 5k Jeann?

Could others do a Sunday?  The 17th is out for me too - we throw a big bash for the parade here in Southie. Smile But I could do the 10th and the 24th!

The 24th would definitely work for me (unless of course I'm in labor haha).. I'd have to check w/ MH on the 10th, I think he mentioned something about his cousin's LO's birthday party.. but I'm not sure.

• The 10th or the 24th both work for me.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • Argh I forgot I have book club on the 10th. Do we want to shoot for the 24th? Hopefully Shannon will still be pregnant. Wink.
  • Sounds good to me.  Did we say the Children's Museum?  What time should we meet there?
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • imagecolleenb262:
    Argh I forgot I have book club on the 10th. Do we want to shoot for the 24th? Hopefully Shannon will still be pregnant. Wink.

I hope I'm still pregnant then! The 24th sounds good to me :-)

Also... are the DH/DW/SO invited to this GTG?  I'm not even sure if MH would want to go or not, but I figured I'd check with you ladies before bringing it up to him.

• imageShannon526:

imagecolleenb262:
    Argh I forgot I have book club on the 10th. Do we want to shoot for the 24th? Hopefully Shannon will still be pregnant. Wink.

I hope I'm still pregnant then! The 24th sounds good to me :-)

Also... are the DH/DW/SO invited to this GTG?  I'm not even sure if MH would want to go or not, but I figured I'd check with you ladies before bringing it up to him.

I doubt MH would go unless I severely guilted him into it.  Most likely he'll see this as a relaxing afternoon at home by himself.  Big Smile  That being said I don't mind if other DH/DW/SO's are there.

Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • I hope I can make it! What time is everyone thinking?
  • imagecolleenb262:

Where is your 5k Jeann?

Canton, I think. At the Irish cultural center? K signed us up. I'm not really sure of the details
  • I'm still not 100 sure I can go but I worry that te museum would be overwhelming for such little kids. I'm in, if its the consensus but I remember it bein geared to older kids. I could be wrong, I haven't been there in a while. There's a few places down by me, but I'm south shore, so probably out of the way for most of you. Are there any kid gyms around the city? With areas for little ones?
  • imagecanadiansciencegeek:

I'm still not 100 sure I can go but I worry that te museum would be overwhelming for such little kids. I'm in, if its the consensus but I remember it bein geared to older kids. I could be wrong, I haven't been there in a while. There's a few places down by me, but I'm south shore, so probably out of the way for most of you. Are there any kid gyms around the city? With areas for little ones?

Ooh, second vote for kid gym. 

I never thought of that.. good point jeannkerri. I would totally be down for a kid gym if there is one around. I'm sure the south shore would be a drive for others, but I consider myself in the south shore.. 7 or so miles south of Boston... not sure where everyone else is located.

Either way.. I'm willing to drive anywhere within reason if there's a kid gym around.

• I'm in Worcester so anywhere will be a drive for me.  Just let me know where and when and I'll be there.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
  • We are in Medford. I am very open as far as time and place. My mom and sister might come at the end of the month, but that is really the only thing on my calendar.
  • We went here this week and it was fun (and clean!) though I don't know how it is on the weekends. I like that it is under 8 years old.  The kids there were around 4 and under, but we went during the school day.  It might be a mad house on the weekends?  Most of the activities are bouncy houses (which 1 adult can enter at a time) so if it is crazy, there might not be too much for them to do.  There is a little kid section off to one side with a few soft climbers and kitchen food (ew - N kept eating it).  It's in N. Attleboro, right off the exit.

https://kidzwurld.com/

And we are checking out this place next week so I can let you know what it's like after we go.  The sites says there is a pre-k area, but I'm not sure if it's managed.

https://www.jakesplaceclubhouse.com

I am sure there is some place near Boston like these above, I just don't know of any.  

There is also this place, near me but I've never been there.

https://kidsportsfun.com/index.php

All the other open gyms we go to are m-f.  Maybe we should take the meetup finalization date/place off the bump though?  Weird lurkers need not join :)  Is everyone on FB?  or we can just all PM our email addressed to someone who is certain they will be able to go, I won't know until this weekend (hopefully).

• imagejeannkerricotober09:

Maybe we should take the meetup finalization date/place off the bump though?  Weird lurkers need not join :)  Is everyone on FB?  or we can just all PM our email addressed to someone who is certain they will be able to go, I won't know until this weekend (hopefully).

Good point ITA with that. I think FB would be the easiest option (at least for me) to figure out the specifics of our gtg.  I'm not friends with anyone from here yet, so do I PM you my name or something in order to "friend" me? Not sure how that works exactly lol.

Let us know how jakesplace is and if you think it would be a good place to meet :-)

Also, I found this place via google and it looks interesting. It's in Watertown, which obviously isn't in the south shore, but I guess it could be another option?

https://indooroutdoorplayground.com/

• imageShannon526:

Maybe we should take the meetup finalization date/place off the bump though?  Weird lurkers need not join :)  Is everyone on FB?  or we can just all PM our email addressed to someone who is certain they will be able to go, I won't know until this weekend (hopefully).

Good point ITA with that. I think FB would be the easiest option (at least for me) to figure out the specifics of our gtg.  I'm not friends with anyone from here yet, so do I PM you my name or something in order to "friend" me? Not sure how that works exactly lol.

Let us know how jakesplace is and if you think it would be a good place to meet :-)

Also, I found this place via google and it looks interesting. It's in Watertown, which obviously isn't in the south shore, but I guess it could be another option?

https://indooroutdoorplayground.com/

Cute! Watertown's good with me!  I guess we could also figure out where everyone is coming from (I'm not really in south shore.  I don't know why my town is considered part of it.  I'm kind of in-between everything so we got lumped there.) and see which area makes the most sense.  If I can make it, I'm down to drive anywhere. 

I'm not quite sure who I am FB friends with.  Other than Crystal and a couple of other people, I haven't figured out the screen name to real name conversion. I'm not the person to organize this.  I might be friends with all of you and don't know it! :)

• Watertown works for me, and I think my midwife actually recommended that place to me.  I used to live right on the Belmont/Watertown line, but we are still pretty close.

I haven't made FB friends with anyone on TB yet. 

• imagecanadiansciencegeek:

Watertown is super convenient for me - and that place looks fun.

Facebook seems like a good way to organize.  Should we just pm each other to connect that way?

If I can remember how to PM, I'll try to send a PM to everyone who has posted in this thread so we can finish planning the gtg there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"