International Bumpies
Options

Who is around?

Anybody up?  It's been really slow around here lately.

Re: Who is around?

• Options
    so so so slow................
  • Options
    Tell me about it.  It's like a graveyard around here.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm lurking...Canadian who lived in KL for a few years. It's cool to see a few ladies from there on the boards! Makes me nostalgic lol. I'm a FTM due sept 13
  • Options
    imageWordsmith226:
    Soooooo slow...I am trying to plan a trip to CLub Med in Malaysia right now. nbsp;Very excited to finally travel in Asia. nbsp;Any suggestions for our long layovers in KL?nbsp;

How long is your layover? There is a rapid train from the airport to downtown but what I remember its still like 40 min each way. The airport is in the middle of nowhere. There is a nice city park right at the base of KLCC the mall at the bottom of the towers if you wanted to just stretch the legs and see downtown a bit...the mall is good shopping as well.
  • Options
    imageWordsmith226:

Soooooo slow...

I am trying to plan a trip to CLub Med in Malaysia right now.  Very excited to finally travel in Asia.  Any suggestions for our long layovers in KL? 

I have a friend who went out there with husband and four year old and absolutely loved it, so I hope you have a great time.

How long are your layovers?  As pp said the airport is in the middle of nowhere, but there is a nonstop express train that can get you to Sentral station in KL in 28 minutes.  From there you can either pick up the monorail or get a cab to pretty much anywhere in the city.  Taxis at KL Sentral operate on a coupon system (pay first at the desk and then go out to the cab) so you won't get ripped off.  

What to do really depends on how much time you have and how old your kids are.  There is a place called Komplex Krafs where you can go see traditional Malaysian handcrafts like batik painting and then try them yourself, which could be fun if you've got older kids.  

If you want to do some souvenir shopping Central Market in Chinatown is a good place to go.  It's inside and air-conditioned and contains some pretty decent Malaysian goods.  The market itself is historically important and there is plenty to see within a four block radius of it (the city's oldest mosque, largest Hindu temple, the square where Malaysia first raised their independent flag, etc).  There are also a ton of great little local stalls and places to eat there.  If you end up coming into the city and want some recs let me know.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"