June 2013 Moms
Options

to do it or not to that is the question...

So a Color me Rad 5k is coming to a town near me and I dont know if signing up to do it with my 7 year old and me being 7 months at the time of the race would be a good idea. I would just walk/jog it with my daughter and the color they splash you with is just colored cornstarch. What do you lafies think, should I take it on or pass this time?

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: to do it or not to that is the question...

• Options
    If it was me, I would pass this time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am passing on the one here but 100 doing it next year
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would do it! I'm doing one in two weeks. I don't care if I'm slow. I still jog 3 miles at home. Why not do it at a race and be admired by everyone that you're a badass preggo lady!!
  • Options
    imagehannahmp:
    I would do it! I'm doing one in two weeks. I don't care if I'm slow. I still jog 3 miles at home. Why not do it at a race and be admired by everyone that you're a badass preggo lady!!

Ditto. I'd totally do it!

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options

imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imagehannahmp:
    Ditto. I'd totally do it!

Yep!!  I'd absolutely do it. 

• Options
    One of my husbands friends walked a half marathon at 36 weeks. I say do what you feel is safe and best for you. If you have remained active this whole pregnancy than go for it...if not I would probably sit it out!

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options

imagehannahmp:

Yeah - I'd say as long as you've been keeping up with walking/jogging at least that much - you should be fine!  I wouldn't just do it out of the blue though. 

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    imagebrittbronkowski:
    I'd do it with you but that's the day of my baby shower. I didn't want to comment your fb post bc no one knows I know lol. You will have to let me know how it goes lol.

Lol, gotcha. I will def let you know, I would do the one in VB on may 1st but that one is already sold out, go figure.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    I myself am planning on running the 5K color me rad, but it is not happening in my area until September, so by then I will be 2 months post baby, perfect time to get nack into the swing of things and get in shape!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagehannahmp:

This for sure.

We're doing a 5k in April and it'll be a blast. My husband wanted me to do a 10 miler with him but for me that's too much.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"