December 2010 Moms

We sold our condo, but...

There is literally not even one property available for sale (in our price range) in our desired area. Last summer before we were seriously looking, there were several.  This winter there's been a few.  Right now=nada! 

I am legitimately freaking out a little or a lot.

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13

Re: We sold our condo, but...

• Oh, no!  Will you rent for awhile?  I'll bet you'll see more places on the market as it gets closer to spring.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageStrunella:
    Oh, no!  Will you rent for awhile?  I'll bet you'll see more places on the market as it gets closer to spring.

We have almost 2 months until we have to be out of here.  If we can't find anything by then we will have to rent.  Yikes!  This was one of my biggest fears about putting our place on the market. I hope people start putting their places up for sale.

Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Loading the player...
  • Eek!  That was what I was afraid of when we were in the process of selling and buying.  That or the other way around (buying a house and not having sold the old house... 2 mortgages?!).  It all worked out in the end though.

I think a lot of people put their houses up for sale in spring so I do think you'll find something in the next 2 months.  Just don't settle, though, cause you think you have a time limit!

• imagexxbabycakesxx:

Eek!  That was what I was afraid of when we were in the process of selling and buying.  That or the other way around (buying a house and not having sold the old house... 2 mortgages?!).  It all worked out in the end though.

I think a lot of people put their houses up for sale in spring so I do think you'll find something in the next 2 months.  Just don't settle, though, cause you think you have a time limit!

This is exactly what I have been feeling.  I don't want to settle at all.  I don't mind buying a house that we need to work on.  I just don't want to compromise on the things I really want.

Lilypie - (vGZN)

• imageCheekers2010:
    imagexxbabycakesxx:

Eek!  That was what I was afraid of when we were in the process of selling and buying.  That or the other way around (buying a house and not having sold the old house... 2 mortgages?!).  It all worked out in the end though.

This is exactly what I have been feeling.  I don't want to settle at all.  I don't mind buying a house that we need to work on.  I just don't want to compromise on the things I really want.

Have you made a "must have" list yet?  Are you using a realtor?  I'd give the list to them too! 

• Well congrats on the condo sale! It will be okay.  Good luck finding something you love!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmm... that sucks, but it's better than buying and then not being able to sell. If you do have to move into temporary housing, maybe you can find a furnished place and then store your furniture in the interim. That's what we did when we moved cross country because we didn't find housing ahead of time. It wasn't so bad.

Congrats on selling your condo :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• kj07kj07 member

Ack!  I agree, it's scary but still the better than the other option of carrying two mortgages.  I hope things show up on the market soon.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Well congrats on selling, at least! FX something great pops up for you guys soon!

• Wow, that is crazy! So different from our market here!

I would def rent, if necessary, and take your time to choose a place you really love.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"