Cloth Diapering

Preemie FTM

Hello ladies,

I've been CDing my DS for about a 2 months now and I LOVE it. My biggest problem right now is that  he is currently showing signs of "stiffness" in both legs, he was born at 28 weeks and suffered a brain injury. I am worried that since CDs are so big/fluffy, he is not able to move freely. We are currently using prefolds, AIO and pockets. (Tots Bots, BG, grovia). He will be starting PT in about a week and I am looking to buy more "fitted"/smaller diapers. DS is currently 10 lbs, 21 inches.

Can you ladies recommend smaller fitted CDs? At this point I am willing to spend the extra money to ensure he is able to move freely. The CD that is currently working for us is a BG small ( we have 3) , but I cannot seem to find them since I know all new BGs are OS now.

TIA

Re: Preemie FTM

• Kawaii pure and naturals are often recommended as a smaller option.

I would ask your PT though about if it's even an actual issue. CDs don't hamper range of motion in most cases, but since your son already has special needs and you're concerned I would just consult his PT for their opinion on his specific case.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Ditto PP on both accounts

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO couldn't scrunch her legs in her infant prefolds from osocozy and they were 7 to 15lbs sized. We had to do the bikini twist fold to help reduce bulk. They finally fit her well at 11lbs, but she has very short legs and a longer torso like me. Maybe try a different fold? Her AIO and OS didn't fit till 12lbs
  • Thank you ladies, I will buy one or two kawaiis. Where do you buy them from?
  • imageLatham12:
    My LO couldn't scrunch her legs in her infant prefolds from osocozy and they were 7 to 15lbs sized. We had to do the bikini twist fold to help reduce bulk. They finally fit her well at 11lbs, but she has very short legs and a longer torso like me. Maybe try a different fold? Her AIO and OS didn't fit till 12lbs

I will try another fold thanks. I was also thinking of ordering the grovia prefolds size 2, have you tried those? 

• ^^ What TJK said. The pure and naturals (and the little green baby bamboo, which is also smaller) are due to restock any day now. And there's a sale going on March 15-31.

https://www.theluvyourbaby.com/brands/Newborn-Diaper.html <-- the specific link to those two.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • imageInto+the+Kitty:

^^ What TJK said. The pure and naturals (and the little green baby bamboo, which is also smaller) are due to restock any day now. And there's a sale going on March 15-31.

https://www.theluvyourbaby.com/brands/Newborn-Diaper.html <-- the specific link to those two.

Thanks for the heads up! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"