Toddlers: 24 Months+

WWYD? trip to see the in-laws

we're going in a few weeks down to see the in-laws for 2 nights

we'll leave at bedtime on Friday - and hope she sleep most of the 4 hour drive, then transfer to beds at their house

she's only been in her toddler bed for a few months - and it has a bar all the way across the side - so she's never fallen out

they have a couple twin beds - but obviously no side on it and much higher than her toddler bed

we could still do the travel crib - but I think she may just be too big to sleep in it comfortably now.....

I'm thinking of asking them to just put one of the mattresses on the floor?? I am worried she'd fall out with no side on the bed, and since we're arriving late we won't really have time to install a bed rail thing on their bed - although maybe we could - are they easy to do (we plan on buying one when she moves to a twin - but haven't yet)

WWYD?

Re: WWYD? trip to see the in-laws

• I would have LO sleep on the floor. That is what DD did before my parents bought a toddler bed. We folded up a quilt on the floor for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When is the last time she slept in the travel crib? DD still sleeps in her BB travel crib without any problems (she's 50% for height so not super tall but definitely not really short).

I think j have seen people on here mentioning using a pool noodle for a bed rail. I would think that would work especially if the mattress is on the floor.

DD ended up sleeping on this thin mattress (like about what the daycare mats are here, probably a little thinner) that was adult length when we visited my parents because the crib was stuck in DC and took a couple of days to get to us in Switzerland.  She slept fine on it although she kept rolling off. Since it was thin she never woke up so it didnt interfere with her sleeping (she ended up rolling underneath my bed but didnt seem to care :-).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • well it'd be easy to put a mattess on the floor as they have 2 twin beds - so I'd do that rather than sleep on the floor but yes good point, she hasn't slept in that travel crib for quite a long time We DO have pool noodles though - good reminder thanks! I think I may just tuck that under the sheet then we're good to go! :)
  • I've never tried the pool noodle trick but my DS is a little wild in his sleep so not sure it would help. We bought him a regalo my cot toddler travel bed from Walmart. It was about 25 and folded up small into it's own travel bag. Worked well.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do mattress on the floor.  But we do that at home too.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just make a bed on the floor. I promise he won't know the difference. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"