Connecticut Babies

Health Insurance

I am wanting to start a family with my husband of 5 years. I am privately insured but my health insurance does not offer maternity care. Does anyone know of a private insurance that offers maternity care in the state of Connecticut? I am really struggling that now I am ready to have children, I can't find insurance to be on. Help!

Re: Health Insurance

• I was in the same boat as you- privately insured...Connecticut really stinks for ind. maternity coverage! The only two I could find was 1. Charter Oak Health network, basically through the state..you pay based on your income. Has really great coverage but you have to jump through hoops to get it! I started the application and finally gave up because it was getting a little rediculous. It is designed for people who have not been covered for 6 months or more, so if you have been covered they really harass you! So good luck if you go that way. The other option I found was Connecticare with maternity coverage....which is the one I went with- hassle free! (but not the best benefits) I pay 200.00 a month..I have a $5,000 deductible then everything is covered. The only catch is ONCE you actually HAVE the baby, they jump the ded. up to $10,000 if you put the baby on that plan..I believe it is an additional $250 a month to add on a baby. You do however have to go to the doctor and take a pregnancy test to send the results to the insurance company. Im not sure what they would do if you were actually pregnant already. Good Luck in your search! Let us know if you are able to find anything else! 
  • My husband is self employed so we were in the same boat. After a lot of research, I learned about the programs above as well as 1 other option: Depending on your income, you may qualify for:

Husky Healthcare 1 (877) cthusky

I believe you have to make under 49k with your most recent adjusted gross income/tax form...If you fall within that income bracket and they approve you, they cover you for the full pregnancy and the baby for about 2 months after birth. Only catch is you can't apply until you are actually pregnant.

Good luck to you, I was in your shoes not too long ago and it was super frustrating. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for all the advice! I just applied for Connecticare, I am excited that I have a couple options. It is better then where I was 2 weeks ago. Thanks again for all your help!
  • Nice! Happy to help!!! :)

• Yay! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"