Pre-School and Daycare

car seat for 3-4 year old

What kind of car seat or booster is your 3 or 4 year old child in right now?

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: car seat for 3-4 year old

• I honestly don't know the brand name of it but its one of the booster kind you just have to sit it in the car and then use the shoulder straps to belt her in.  I just put her in this kind about 3-4 months ago.  If it weren't for her size (shes about 3 ft 7 and weighs about 50 lbs) I probably would have left her in an actual car seat a little longer.
  • My DS just turned 3. He is still rear facing in a Diono Radian RXT. Worth every penny. We'll never have to buy another seat.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DD1 turned 3 today and has been using a Graco Nautilus since we turned her FFing a few months ago. It harnesses to 65lbs and can then be a high back or backless booster.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Britax Frontier.
    Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD is in a Britax Frontier in my car and a Graco Nautilis in DH's truck. The Graco is OK but I much prefer the Britax.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My 2.5 yo is rear facing in a Graco MySize 70 or Diono Radian. She will probably make it to 3 yo in the Radian before we have to turn her. She should make it to close to 4 yo in the MySize before we have to turn that. (She's 32 lbs and 38" right now.) Both convertibles will last until she's at least 5 yo. Then if she's ready, she'll move to a high back booster.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • My 5 yr old is in a Britax Frontier in our main car.  We have a Graco Nautilus in our other car.  He's still in a 5pt harness in both.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use an Evenflo Symphony for both kids (they're 3 & almost 5).  DD uses it as a booster but DS is still in the harness
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imageCheerio B:
    DD is in a Britax Frontier in my car and a Graco Nautilis in DH's truck. The Graco is OK but I much prefer the Britax.

This! We have both too and we prefer the britax. It's just an easier seat to use.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have an Evenflo Triumph is both cars.

I think we can use it until 50 or 65 lbs - DD is barely 35 lbs now, so we will probaly be using it for another 2 years. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DD1 is in the Britax Frontier, and still using the 5-point harness. 
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have two Evenflo Triumph Advance's. We really like them and the newer one we have rearfaces to 40 lbs which is awesome.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCheerio B:
    DD is in a Britax Frontier in my car and a Graco Nautilis in DH's truck. The Graco is OK but I much prefer the Britax.

This exactly - I'm glad I got the britax :) 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My 5 year old is in an older graco nautilus and my 3 year old is in the new graco Argos . I'm really happy with them. My five year old will continue to be in her five point harness till she reaches the height limit which by my measurements she has 2 1/2 inches left so at least a year maybe two. She does use a hog back booster for her grandparents car for the very short trips only because they cannot install a normal seat properly so its safer for her .
  • DS will be 3 in a month and he is still RFing in a Britax Roundabout. We will keep  him in it until #2 needs it and then likely switch to a combo seat like the Nautilus or a Radian that converts from a 5 point harness to a booster.
  • My DD was in her convertible RFing until she turned 4 and then we switched to Graco Nautilus (with the 5-point harness) - it was her big birthday gift from us.
  • 3 yo DD is in a 5 pt. Graco Nautilus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"