C-sections
Options

Seroma after CSection

Has anyone had this infection and successfully treated it w antibiotics? I'm googling it and only getting horror stories which makes me more sad scared.

Re: Seroma after CSection

• Options
    I had a seroma that took forever to go away. It kept breaking open and oozing. Mine was never infected so I didnt take any antibiotics but the dr did use siler nitrate I think on it 3 times. So after a few months of dealing with that nightmare I ended up needing to get opened back up at 8 months pp because my intestines were protruding through the inner incision. Good times. That was in November and recovery was a billion times better. Now we are expecting in oct and I'm scared! I hope I heal like a normal person this time. I kept wondering what was wrong with me. Why was everyone else exercising and getting out with their baby and having sex at 6 weeks. I had no idea that wasnt how it was supposed to be. Good luck mama.
  • Options
    Honestly...don't be scared of needing a 2nd surgery to fix a seroma; it's what totally saved me! My incision opened up within 2 weeks and I wound up with a systemic staph/strep b infection simultaneously with mastitis (and the stress of those infections caused my milk to dry up at 6 weeks). I had to visit the hospital wound care center weekly for debriedment, and my husband had to pack/unpack the wound twice daily with gauze and silver stuff. FINALLY at 14 weeks postpartum, I had the 2nd surgery to fix the seroma and stitch me closed. Seriously, the next day was the BEST I had felt since DS was born. I didnt care about a little more soreness. I FINALLY wasn't oozing everywhere/in extreme pain, or having any more 103 fevers complete with teeth-chattering chills. Seriously; if I knew then what I know now; I'd have been beating down my doctors' doors demanding the 2nd surgery at like 6 weeks. (Which by the way, is the timeframe the 2nd surgeon said he would've only let me get to if he'd known.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"