Babies: 6 - 9 Months

6 month old feeding menu/schedule

We are starting our twin boys on solids and were wondering if anyone could share their feeding menu. For example, what and how much do they feed for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Between cereal, formula, fruit and veggies we feel it's a lot to try and feed a little guy! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks! 

Re: 6 month old feeding menu/schedule

• I started feeding DD solids at 4 months. She is now at 6 months. We only feed solids twice a day. 

A late breakfast at around 10 - 11 with about 2 tbsp of oatmeal, 1 tbsp banana, and 1 tbsp of homemade applesauce. 

We do dinner at around 5 and it is about 3 - 4 tbsp of veggie (ex. sweet potato, carrots, or peas).

I want to start adding a 3rd meal, but not sure if she is there yet. If she wants more at the meal we will feed more, if she isn't hungry to finish we don't worry about it. 

I still let her nurse whenever she is hungry. One good tip I saw was to nurse/give some formula before the meal so they are not starving. Maybe not a full bottle but half maybe or enough to get something in their tummy before the solid feeding. 

Married: 9-25-09
    BFP #1: 8-24-11 MMC: 8 weeks 6 days D&C
    BFP #2: 12-9-11 Beautiful DD Born: 8-19-12
    BFP #3: 8-22-13 Chemical Pregnancy: 4 weeks
    BFP #4: 1-1-14 Praying Daily for H&H 9 Months
    ~Always Remembering our Angel Babies~

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our DD nurses ever 3 hours during the day. We do lunch 2 oz of fruit or veggie with some oatmeal mixed in to make it a bit more thick, but I only use oatmeal not rice cereal bc it constipates babies and all people for the matter. I feed her at lunch time in between when she nurses. Then for dinner I do the exact same thing but with a different food. We started her at almost 6 months, once a day at dinner time to help her have a full belly for bed, 2 oz of a veggie, or less than that. I let her show me how much she wants. Then after a week, bc she loves food, went to the twice a day and started adding the oatmeal. IMO she doesn't need the cereal alone and we just use it to thick her food. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is 6.5 months, and we're still only doing solids once a day...will probably move to twice a day in a few weeks.

She gets 5 6oz bottles throughout the day, and a "dinner" of solids around 7 p.m. We mix 1 oz of formula with oatmeal, and then give her 1-2 oz of a fruit or veggie; she also gets a small (2-3 oz) bottle with "dinner" as she likes to have something to drink too.

The Fluffy Cat says... "Boxes are the best toys ever invented!"
  • we waited until 5 and 1/2 months and did started solids- banana and rice cereal once a day for a couple weeks. Then at 6 months we did 2 feedings a day.

8am- 4oz bottle

10am- fruit and oatmeal

usual bottle feedings throughout the day anywhere from 4-6 ozs

4pm- 6 oz

5/530pm- veggie and rice

7pm- 4-6 oz bottle

8- bedtime

this was going great for us but now shes starting to wake up at like 5am and want to eat- and only 2 oz or so.. so I don't know if it is time to add a 3rd solid feeding or not.

• 5-5:30a wake

6a 8 oz bottle

8a 2 oz. oatmeal & fruit puree

10a 7 oz bottle

12p 2 oz fruit or veggie puree

2p 7 oz bottle

4p 2 oz veggie puree

6pm 8 oz bottle

This is a very new schedule for us but it's working very well. Basically, he has 4 bottles every 4 hours, equaling 30 ounces and 3 feedings of solids per day.

He naps about every 2 hours and bed is around 7pm.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • 7am 6oz bottle

8am 2tablespoons cereal

11am 4oz bottle

12pm fruit or veggie

3pm 6oz bottle

6:30pm 4oz bottle

7:30pm 2tablespoons cereal

8:45pm 6oz bottle

9pm bed

• 6am: wake up, 5 oz bottle of BM

9am: 2.5oz of fruit, 4oz bottle of BM, nap.

12pm: 5oz bottle of BM

2pm: 2.5oz of veggie, 4oz bottle of BM, nap

5pm: 2.5oz of meat & 1oz of veggie

6pm: 5 oz bottle, bedtime.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"