Single Parents
Options

Things that suck about being Single and Pregnant?

Ok ladies, I was talking to a friend the other day about everything that sucks about being single and pregnant. I started a list but I can't remember where I put it (silly prego brain!). Here's some of the things l've thought of. What do you think? What has been the hardest/funniest/best thing about being single and pregnant?

1. Catering to your own cravings. There was one night I was craving something so bad I knew I HAD to go get it. Of course that meant that I had to get off the couch, get re-dressed (at least put a bra and pants on!) and drive to the grocery store. It would be much nicer to have someone around that could go for me. 

2. Having to explain multiple times that the father is not in the picture.

3. Feeling lonely all the time. Mostly at night when I'm laying in bed. It would be nice to have someone around to daydream with or to touch my belly when LO is being active. 

4. Shopping alone. Recently I've started registering and shopping for LO but it's odd always going alone.

I know I thought of more the other day but I just can't remember now... Feel free to add anything that's on your mind.  

Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 

Re: Things that suck about being Single and Pregnant?

• Options

So far I've been pretty content with everything and being on my own. I try to actually embrace it when I can. I love to tell people I put together my son's crib, changing table, stroller, dresser, etc all by myself while pregnant. I enjoy shopping alone because I have no one to disagree with what I like!

The only negative thing I think I've really dealt with that gets annoying is repeatedly telling people the father isn't around.

I try to stay as positive about the situation as I can because it makes it easier for me to deal with.

• Options
    My worst bits got to be experiencing all the first things on your own, felt a kick on the outside of my tummy today and didn't have the daddy there to feel it with me...

Another one is the lack of loving with all these hormones!! X
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The only 2 things that make me glad Im alone is farting & my lack of shaving!! Its winter and its cold so shaving just isnt a priority. Unless I have a doc apt!.. Farting, I cant help Im so constipated and I swear its a relief : )   Sorry if this is TMI !!

Otherwise I feel very alone. Not just lonely but depressed. Theres so many issues I need to work on and get over before my precious little baby is here. I want to be the best person I can be and I know this is only possible if I get over ***...

Being Pregnant and Alone SUCKSS

• Options

imageHollie soane:
    Another one is the lack of loving with all these hormones!! X

THIS!!!! I completely agree!!! My sex drive has been through the roof this week and it suckssssssss not having someone! 

• Options
    I am right there with you on not shaving and farting! It is nice to just be able to lay around in bed and not care about anything on my days off work if I want. If BD or anyone else was here I know I wouldn't be able to do that. 

• Options

1. BD can't share the joy of feeling the DD's kicks and the movement.

2. A lot of other people asked where is the dad.

3. Doing the baby shopping alone.

4. Can't give a complete family to DD and she can't be a daddy's girl.

5. Sex drive while being pregnant. 

Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad it's not just me with this ridiculous sex drive!!

Think positive ladies, there are decent men out there!!!!! X
  • Options

Okay things that sucked when I was single and pregnant... 

Not having someone to roll me out of bed when I needed to get up at night during my last trimester.

Not having anyone to share the kicking with, or to go with me to dr apointments, or to cater to all of my random needs as a pregnant woman.

I don't think anyone felt my son kick other than me. How fricken sad is that?

I didn't have a boyfriend/husband to be with me during labor/birth. Or to go to the childbirth classes. Or to prepare for labor with me..

So when I went into labor, one friend who promised would be there, slept through my phone calls, & no showed, the other friend was there and was supposed to be my advocate/coach (I had a speific birth plan) and she only followed half of the birth plan, or the things that she thought were good- she ignored other things & was not the coach I had hoped she would be. 

Also when choosing the name, I had a list that she pulled out of my bag and she read over only half of the names, After I got home I looked at the list & remembered she skipped over some names & I might have liked to name him something else. I still kinda resent her for the way she acted in the labor room.

• Options

I really havent had any issues being single and pregnant.  But I have a great family and friends.  I cant say I am lonely.  I am used to doing things myself so this is just an extension of that - I am proud that I was able to do these things - I put together my own crib and changing table, got everything ready, etc.  I dont have fairy tale dreams of what isnt reality - I read some of the vents about BDs and DHs and I thank goodness I am not in those folks' shoes! The grass is always greener.  Just look at the positive side of life and know that you have a little munchin growing inside you! 

• Options
    It's the being home alone and having to explain that BD wasn't man enough to be around for a child. I know my friends and my sister are getting tired of me talking about my pregnancy day in and day out. And the whole BD leaving issue try explaining that one to your boss without having tears in your eyes.
  • Options
    imageNichollini:
    It's the being home alone and having to explain that BD wasn't man enough to be around for a child. I know my friends and my sister are getting tired of me talking about my pregnancy day in and day out

That's what I worry about too... Boring the socks off of other people x
  • Options
    lack of sex is a big one
    having to explain I'm not married and am truly single no bf, no bd around over and over.
    I have my family and friends and I'm blessed in that aspect. they are awesome I just feel like I'm a burden.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not bad but totally weird I got asked more while I was. Pregnant than ever before lol
  • Options
    Having other pregnant women brag about how wonderful and caring the fathers are; I am happy you have that, shut up now.
    I rub my own feet, I tend to my own nightmares, I feed my own cravings, I endure my moods alone. I share my joys and tears and hopes and pains with no one, but it seems like many have judgements they want to share with me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"