Stay at Home Moms

Mom's with twins or 3 children under 2...

Hi Ladies- I am 21 weeks pregnant and I have a 19 month old DS. I have been trying to plan as much as possible for life after delivery. My question for you:

With twins and an older child did you hire any help for the first few months? (When I say hire I mean to only help for a few hours in the afternoon). My DH will be staying home for 10 days and after that I am just not sure what to expect. Your advice would be much appreciated! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mom's with twins or 3 children under 2...

• You're pregnant with twins I'm assuming? I'd ask the multiples board for sure. They'll be able to help you out a lot! You could also try the 2 under 2 board. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi,

We are due the same week with twins - Congrats to you.. I am a FTM so I do not know about the 3rd child. We are planning on hiring help, We are not sure to what capacity yet. Like you I have no ideal what to expect. I am very nervous.

Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I am expecting twins :) I will definitely post on the multiples board, I just figured I'd have a better shot here with the SAHM's who have 3 under 2. Holy scary and exciting! 

Emmakins87- Have you started looking for someone already? Will you be using a sitter/nanny site? Sorry so many questions.

Nervous mom here! I have such a good routine with my DS and our days are very scheduled and obviously that is about to change I just want to make sure its not a drastic change and it can be as smooth of a transition as possible :) 

• imageERINPETERSON:

I will definitely post on the multiples board, I just figured I'd have a better shot here with the SAHM's who have 3 under 2. Holy scary and exciting! 

Emmakins87- Have you started looking for someone already? Will you be using a sitter/nanny site? Sorry so many questions.

Nervous mom here! I have such a good routine with my DS and our days are very scheduled and obviously that is about to change I just want to make sure its not a drastic change and it can be as smooth of a transition as possible :) 

I do not know what we are going to do. H is going to very active in this then narrow who he likes and we will interview together. ( long story) 

I am doing a word of mouth thing through some nannies in my neighborhood that I do know since they  live-ins in my building. I might inquire with an agency, but I would  like to already know the person. I live in nannyville, as a matter of fact I know more nannies than parents / residence in my building. We are moving in 2 weeks so we have to find someone who will be willing to commute via train. We do not want a live in. just like a day time person

Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Hi, my oldest had just turned 2 when our babies were born. We didn't hire help but my oldest went to daycare 3 days a week, which helped a lot! On the days when my oldest didn't to go to daycare, my mom and MIL took turns coming over for the day.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DS was 2yrs 6wks when our twins were born. DH was able to be home for the first 2 weeks, after that we were on our own. Literally... on our own. In some ways it sucked, I was still recovering from a c/s and dealing w/ 2 newborns and a 2 year old and recovering from surgery wasn't easy. But in other ways it was a good thing. We had a sink or swim situation, and we had no choice but to swim. I HAD to learn to deal with them, DS HAD to learn patience. DH got up w/ every feeding because I HAD to be able to get some sleep if I was going to be up w/ all three all day.

If you can afford a post partum doula or something like that definitely do it. But you can survive on your own :)

• The information you ladies are giving me is exactly what I need! How do you go about finding a post partum doula/nurse? I plan on nursing the twins as well so I am hoping I can do it all. 

How hard was it to get your twins on a schedule? How long did it take?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"