April 2013 Moms
Options

Facebook page

I was away for a while in the middle of the pregnancy because life got a little wild, but I would love to be a part of the April Facebook page. Is it still open? If so, what do I need to do to join?

TIA ladies! 

BFP 1: 8/1/2009 EDD: 5/1/2010 Missed M/C: 10/1/2009
BFP 2: 4/13/2010 EDD: 1/15/2011 DS Born: 1/14/2011 (Evan Isaiah)
BFP 3: 11/29/2011 EDD: 8/3/2012 Missed M/C: 1/12/2012
MTHFR diagnosis: 2/7/2012
BFP 4: 8/12/2012 EDD: 4/23/2013 Yay!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Facebook page

• Options
    I would love to join as well... I never got a reply on that last post about it. TIA!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I feel like everytime this comes up I throw in my request to be added, but it never happens... not sure who runs it or whatever...
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Me too please!
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I wanna join too. Stick out tongue
  • Options
    Hey ladies, the group actually voted among the members several weeks ago to close the membership once everyone hit third trimester. By that time, we all knew each other so well that the group was almost unanimous in the vote. It is a private group, as in no one can see you are a member other than people who are also in the group, and it's set so that if you aren't friends with other members in the group, they can't view your profile either unless you have a public profile. I'm pretty sure it's closed for good, I'll let the admins know you guys are asking on it, but I have a feeling that they'll stick with what the members voted on we had about 90 members at the time the vote was done.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
     May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
      Image result for birthday cake explodes balloon gif

• Options
    Sooo how about we make another FB group for us late comers? I didn't join the original one either, but I feel like I know most of you now! That's what my previous BMB did... there were quite a few FB pages.
  • Options

I didn't even know about a fb group until this thread.  Feel a little left out now :(

Don't worry I'll live! 

• Options
    imageMichmax11:
    Is it private? nbsp;Meaning, can my IRL friends see that I'm part of this group? nbsp;I haven'tnbsp;officiallynbsp;"come out" on FB just people I interact with know. nbsp;So having this show up on my feed might be a little weird. nbsp;That's why I've never joined...

And yes, they are secret groups, so no one on your FB page would know a thing...
  • Options

imageMichmax11:
    Is it private?  Meaning, can my IRL friends see that I'm part of this group?  I haven't officially "come out" on FB - just people I interact with know.  So having this show up on my feed might be a little weird.  That's why I've never joined...

You're seven months pregnant and your friends don't know?

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Options
    imagemypalbabs:

imageMichmax11:
    Is it private?  Meaning, can my IRL friends see that I'm part of this group? I haven't officially "come out" on FB - just people I interact with know. So having this show up on my feed might be a little weird. That's why I've never joined...

This
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageYellowLilies:

imageSlopesShredder:
    Sooo how about we make another FB group for us late comers? I didn't join the original one either, but I feel like I know most of you now! That's what my previous BMB did... there were quite a few FB pages.

Sounds good to me :)

Me too!

* TTC since 2010; Me-36, DH-40
    * Diagnosis of PCOS in 2011 (suspected since teens)
    * Miscarraige September 2011; XY with Trisomy 15
    *November 2011 - January 2012 - 3 cycles of Femora - BFN x 3
    * 2/12 and 4/12 Tamoxifen - no response
    Planned to start Follistim for COH August '12 but...
    Surprise!! BFP! And it's a girl!!

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9
    baby d'oh, no ID
    D'Oh!
  • Options
    imageMichmax11:
    imageShaunaSmith79:
    imagemypalbabs:

imageMichmax11:
    Is it private?  Meaning, can my IRL friends see that I'm part of this group? I haven't officially "come out" on FB - just people I interact with know. So having this show up on my feed might be a little weird. That's why I've never joined...

This

I have more than "Friends" on FB.  My friends know - but I don't post a lot on FB, and we just never posted "hey we're pregnant".

The people who are important in my life know, but I have 800+ facebook "friends" and I don't need to share the details of my life with them -- I haven't "come out" on FB either, because I don't think it is the place to talk about the personal details of my life.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageJSS1002:
    imageMichmax11:
    imageShaunaSmith79:
    imagemypalbabs:

imageMichmax11:

This

I have more than "Friends" on FB.  My friends know - but I don't post a lot on FB, and we just never posted "hey we're pregnant".

The people who are important in my life know, but I have 800+ facebook "friends" and I don't need to share the details of my life with them -- I haven't "come out" on FB either, because I don't think it is the place to talk about the personal details of my life.

Me too. I haven't mentioned my pregnancy on Facebook at all. The people who are a part of my every day life already know. It isn't a secret though. Other people post on my wall about it sometimes, and I'll post a birth announcement and pictures of the baby once she is here.

• Options

imageRBaghirov:
    Hey ladies, the group actually voted among the members several weeks ago to close the membership once everyone hit third trimester. By that time, we all knew each other so well that the group was almost unanimous in the vote. It is a private group, as in no one can see you are a member other than people who are also in the group, and it's set so that if you aren't friends with other members in the group, they can't view your profile either unless you have a public profile. I'm pretty sure it's closed for good, I'll let the admins know you guys are asking on it, but I have a feeling that they'll stick with what the members voted on we had about 90 members at the time the vote was done.

lol Seriously?

Sorry TnArichmond - no cool kids club for us apparently!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    imagecrazytowne:
    imageYellowLilies:

imageSlopesShredder:

Me too!

Sounds good to me too!
  • Options
    Any takers on creating one??
  • Options
    imageJillibean68:
    imagecrazytowne:
    imageYellowLilies:

imageSlopesShredder:

Me too!

Sounds good to me too!
    Me too :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Well if they decided to open it again, or another one gets made, I would love to join!
  • Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

imageRBaghirov:

lol Seriously?

It was almost unanimous, you know  Wink

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Options
    imagemirroredimage:

imageSlopesShredder:
    Any takers on creating one??

I'll make it. I need to add someone (a friend) before it can be finalized.  PM me if you want to be my FB friend. 

ygpm 

• Options
    This is all too funny! I am in for the new kids fb page. And sitting at the uncool table at lunch. :
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• Options
    imageMechanicMama1:
    imageJillibean68:
    imagecrazytowne:
    imageYellowLilies:

imageSlopesShredder:

Me too!

Sounds good to me too!
    Me too :)

I'd be interested in joining :) 

• Options
    imagemirroredimage:

imageRBaghirov:

I'm curious as to why closing membership was ever brought up. 

It got brought up since most of the people have stopped coming here to check the threads... It was almost like the group had split in two. Those who come to TB regularly, and those who come to FB regularly. Only a couple people troll both. I usually don't post here, but I do read the threads especially on boring weekends. People were asking if the group was going to close, so the admins asked if we wanted to close it at all, or leave it open. Everyone decided to close it, and voted on third trimester being a good cut off. I know there were a few posts here on TB letting people know to join before it closed. But if you don't check regularly, you might have missed it. I do like the idea of a new FB group for the latecomers, or those who just weren't comfortable signing up for the first group. That's the beauty of FB, anyone can make a private page... although I would definitely say to make it private as that is why so many people jumped on the band wagon the first time around. Especially since most of the people here now know each other better, it's nicer to have a private forum that the public can't wander in to. Nothing about cool kids or anything like that, it was just a timing thing.

• Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

imageRBaghirov:

lol Seriously?

Wow no kidding?!? I have asked at least 2 to 3 times about an invite throughout my pg and was never answered...I am def not cool!
  • Options
    I don't know how to pm from my phone, but I would love to join the new fb group

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagejackie9480:
    This is all too funny! I am in for the new kids fb page. And sitting at the uncool table at lunch. :
  • Options

imagejackie9480:

That's where I'd prefer to be! Stick out tongue

• Options

imagejackie9480:

This. Count me in for the new group!

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019
  • Options
    I was a member of the old group, but now I can't get to it.  I guess I got kicked out? Surprise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Huh. I figured that the fb page would have been open to our group on Tb throughout our pregnancies. It seems I missed my chance to go to the cool kids table.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    As a member of the original Facebook group I must say that 100 unanimously something we love about our group is the lack of snark. We are all there supporting each other through thick and thin. If you ask a question that seems obvious or has been asked a million times or have an unpopular opinion about something you can feel safe posting it with out being flamed for it. We don't all agree on everything but we respect each other enough to have mature discussions about things. There were several posts prior to closing the group asking if people wanted to join before that happened. The closing of the group wasn't about shutting people out who wanted to join it was about maintaining the integrity of the group. To be honest I would say about half of the group rarely posts on TB at this point. So it makes more sense to me that newly interested people would make their own group with people they know better and talk to more often on TB.
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • Options

I think that those of you that want a new cooler FB page should make one and tell anyone that is in the previous FB page that they aren't allowed.  Make sure there's a clear line between the cool kids and the cooler kids :)

I'd like to remain here at the bump anonymously though, sorry.  Not cool enough for a FB page, cool or cooler.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageSprinkles07:
    As a member of the original Facebook group I must say that 100 unanimously something we love about our group is the lack of snark. We are all there supporting each other through thick and thin. If you ask a question that seems obvious or has been asked a million times or have an unpopular opinion about something you can feel safe posting it with out being flamed for it. We don't all agree on everything but we respect each other enough to have mature discussions about things. There were several posts prior to closing the group asking if people wanted to join before that happened. The closing of the group wasn't about shutting people out who wanted to join it was about maintaining the integrity of the group. To be honest I would say about half of the group rarely posts on TB at this point. So it makes more sense to me that newly interested people would make their own group with people they know better and talk to more often on TB.

If it wasn't about shutting people out then how did I get "kicked off" of the original page once I was already a member?? 

• Options
    Read some of the "FFFC" posts or some of your judgmental, dramatic and just plain nasty replies to ladies' posts on the board. We haven't had that kind of crap in our FB group and don't want it now. That's why our group is closed.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagewachslikesocks:
    Read some of the "FFFC" posts or some of your judgmental, dramatic and just plain nasty replies to ladies' posts on the board. We haven't had that kind of crap in our FB group and don't want it now. That's why our group is closed.

Congratulations?

• Options
    imagewendalsue:

imageSprinkles07:

If it wasn't about shutting people out then how did I get "kicked off" of the original page once I was already a member?? 

Because you didn't check your message or page ever... our admins for several weeks message people asking if they still wanted to be in the group... and with the numbers being so high almost a hundred people and the group voting to close, they figured if you were not checking the page ever, then it didn't make sense to keep strangers in the group. They made many many attempts to tag your names in threads to see if you were still interested in staying. No response eventually meant that cuts were made. Less than a handful of people were cut.

As for this thread in general, but not to any person in particular. After seeing this thread, this confirms exactly why the group closed. The people can't make up their mind here... read through this and see how absurd it sounds... you hate a facebook group, but want to be in a facebook group. You complain the group was formed too early, but now that we are all 8 months pregnant you want to be in one... like you couldn't have joined any time before now? You act like you're being intentionally excluded, but most of the people here were the ones that excluded all of us and drove us away to facebook. We get picked on repeatedly by snarky women who hide behind anonymity and then have the nerve to complain that we're the "cool kids" excluding everyone? Seriously? It seems like once every week or so, our FB group keeps being brought up here as if it's some sort of punishment that you aren't in it. Go make a new group, that's the beauty of the internet. As of this post, I'll never be coming back to the bump because of how rotten so many people act here. We're all supposed to be in a pregnancy forum for help and support, but this group has neither been helpful or supportive to most of the people who started here. It makes most of us just hate coming and checking in. If it "offends" you that some of us actually want to really be friends, and genuinely get to know the women we are spending so much time bonding with, then don't join face book. No one is holding a gun to your head, no one is begging you to be a member, no one is excluding you, but rather we are just tired of the drama of TB. People here would rather be rude, snarky, name call, criticize, and complain than help the women who came here for support. There seem like a lot of great late comers to this group, that most of us will sadly not get a chance to know, and who seem also like minded in not liking the bad behavior either. We keep hearing the same comments over and over again on TB that bash over and over the FB group. That's why it's closed now. To stop that kind of behavior bringing the group down. Rant over.

To the ladies who really wanted to join, but just came late to the game, our group has said you guys seem like great ladies and we hope your new FB group is just as supportive and loving as we feel that ours is. I genuinely wish you all a great pregnancy, and happy/healthy babies. But some of the behavior here may not be as nice as you deserve..

• Options
    And a GBCB post!
  • Options
    If y'all make a new one I want to join!
  • Options
    imageRBaghirov:
    imagewendalsue:

imageSprinkles07:

Because you didn't check your message or page ever... our admins for several weeks message people asking if they still wanted to be in the group... and with the numbers being so high almost a hundred people and the group voting to close, they figured if you were not checking the page ever, then it didn't make sense to keep strangers in the group. They made many many attempts to tag your names in threads to see if you were still interested in staying. No response eventually meant that cuts were made. Less than a handful of people were cut.  

Not that it matters now, but this is bullshit.  I never got any message or tag.  I was getting notifications, and then once I unfriended the admin who was annoying me with the likes and comments on my personal page, I got kicked off.  End of story.  I was kicked off before this vote to close the group even happened.  I didn't participate on the page, so I don't care that I'm not on it.  The point of my posting here today is to point out that your group is not drama free.  I got kicked off of your page for a stupid reason and I never complained about it before because I didn't care.  But since you're all going on about how you've got this drama free group and that's why you can't include any more people from here....I just have to call bullshit.  This display that we've seen today proves it even further. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"