Natural Birth

Follow Up to my Group B Strep Birth Questions

Thanks to everyone who gave me great and supportive advice about what natural labor would be like after I tested positive for Group B Strep.

I had my baby just a few days after my original post and it was a great experience with none of the complication I was worried about.  I had an intermittent IV of penicillin and otherwise wasn't hooked up.

My water did not break early so I spent about 18 hours laboring at home, and then went to the hospital.  My midwife broke my water at around the 24 hour mark (I was so tired and still making slow progress) and I delivered 4 hours later.  
I have a very healthy baby girl!  It was noon when she was born and the sun was streaming through the window -the moment felt like waking up on a gorgeous morning after a great night's sleep.

Thanks again for the support and encouragement!
BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Follow Up to my Group B Strep Birth Questions

• Also -my story is a great example of why natural birth is the way to go.  My labor was long because my contractions never came at regular intervals (though they did get stronger and longer).  Even during transition and pushing, my contractions still came at odd times.  1 minute apart, 5 minutes, 3 minutes, 8 minute, etc.  If I had had an epidural I probably would have ended up with a C-section because of my body's unpredictability.  My irregular contractions meant that I truly needed to be able to change positions and do the work of labor in order for it to progress.  
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awesome and Congrats!!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats! And thank you for posting this. I just tested positive and am a little nervous about what that means for a natural delivery.. I am glad the IV was just in intervals for you! Yay for a natural birth and healthy LO!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! Glad everything worked out.
  • Congratulations!! I was also really upset when I found out I was GBS+, but it turned out to not be that big of a deal after all - I wish I wouldn't have worried about it so much!

• Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats on your great birth experience and little girl!
    BFP #1 - 2/5/2010 - c/p 2/9/2010, BFP #2 - 6/20/2010 - DD Born 2/26/2011, BFP #3 - 9/13/2012 - c/p 9/20/2012, BFP #4 - 11/11/2012 - betas: 53 on 11/13, 115 on 11/15, 8069 on 11/26 - u/s shows 127 bpm! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"