VBAC
Options

If you have a successful vbac..

So..you decide on a vbac and everything goes great and baby is here..after you deliver is there any chance of anything rupturing AFTER??  Or are you in the clear..

I am due April 20 and am planning on a vbac and am very excited/nervous, but am of course thinking of everything..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you have a successful vbac..

• Options
    I think I remember someone on here having a rupture a few days after going home.   I think that is extremely rare though.
  • Options

I've never heard of it but the story pp told suggests it can happen.  Remember, VBAC patients aren't the only ones who have a rupture risk.  Those who have never had a c/s can also rupture.  We just have the "benefit" of constantly thinking about it all the time;-)

Good luck with your VBAC! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The OB who discharged me did mention to take it easy, that there was still a risk. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options
    My OB told me that the risk is minimal after delivery, because your uterus so rapidly shrinks back to its normal, small size. The risk is greatest when its stretched so much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    the midwife i talked to said that once you are at 3cm you are past the uterine scar and risk of rupture is minimal - from the scar standpoint.  she also indicated that you would know if that happened, you would have much greater pain than normal and that you would have bleeding that is not normal... that really did put my mind at ease with all the scare tactics dr.s try to use to get you to just schedule a c-section
  • Options
    I've never heard that at all and I've had a c section followed by two vaginal births. And because of a move in between the vaginal births were with two different practices and neither said anything about a risk of rupture after birth. I would guess that maybe it's technically a risk but so rare it's not worth mentioning.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"