Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

another potty training question

My DD is almost 2 and a half she has been showing great interest in potty training and does really well at home when we let her run around naked. We thought we were ready for the next step so we got her some big girl undies and put them on her and she keeps going in them. Turns out she only goes on the potty when she is naked. How do I teach her to let me know she has to go when she has cloths on?

Re: another potty training question

• Options
    My son was the same way. I kept putting the underwear on though and, after a week or so, he caught on. I think maybe the snugness of the underwear felt like a diaper and he was "forgetting" that he was in undwerwear at first. It seemed to be a matter of just getting used to being in underwear.
  • Options
    I agree with PP. It has also helped for me to ask DS "is your underwear dry? It is? GOOD JOB!" over and over. 
    Oh, Baby Bean! We will always miss you! With us for 6w3d -- June 9, 2008.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2 years of TTC, Seeing RE Feb 09, 2 medicated TI cycles - BFNs, 3 medicated IUIs - BFNs, back to medicated TI cycles until IVF approval, IVF approved in March 2010. BFP on last medicated TI cycle.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did the three day potty training method with my then 22 month old and she only had one accident by day three and was fully day and night trained by about day 5. I was so happy it worked since I'm due with #2 in about a month. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"