Special Needs

Medical ID bracelets?

I was thinking about this the other day. When I was little I had an ID bracelet with my name, address and phone number (I had no medical issues). When I was on coumadin for 6 months (and on the blood thinner during my pregnancy) I had a medical ID bracelet.

Would it make sense to have a medical info tag for DD? I'm not sure how to phrase "g-tube, global delays, Cerebral palsy, stroke" plus her name information and not have to have her wear a sandwich board. Not to mention that I'm not sure about how safe ID bracelets are anymore. Different world, different times and all.

What say SN?

Re: Medical ID bracelets?

• I'm very interested in the responses on this one.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm still debating. We're going to Disney this summer and so I want ID bracelets for both of my kids.

I like the ones on this site:

https://www.mypreciouskid.com/products/wearable-id-products.html

I prefer one that doesn't have my kids' name and condition on it for anyone to read. Some of those are ID-only with no medical symbol, some have the medical symbol. I like them because they have the removable tabs that you could write more specific info on, rather than engraving a bunch of details (if there's even enough space). 

I also recently bought a deal on Plum District for Kiddo Tags -- they have disposable wristbands that are another option. I'm still not sure which we'll go with. Maybe the disposables for DD2 and the more permanent option for DD1. 

https://magento.kiddotags.com/k-i-d-wristbands.html 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sure how old your LO is.... My dd is 6 (bleeding disorder) and wears a medical bracelet from Lauren's Hope.  It has her name, dx, drs phone, my phone and refers them to her medical plan for further details and one of those is kept at all of dd's locations (school, gym, car, purse, etc).  The name/info part lies against her skin so no one can read that information. There is a medical symbol that faces out.   She also has a sport band for when she goes to gymnastics (if I don't stay) or swimming/amusement parks etc...

I posted here a few weeks ago and someone else posted a great idea of having laminated sheets of medical info in the seat pocket in front of their car seat.   So, hopefully you will get some more feedback as this board is usually full of great ideas :)

Good Luck! 

Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • My main concern was if I wasa in a car accident and not able to share Nate's issues with emergency personnel. I made the laminated luggage tag for the carseat and a laminated medical info card for the pocket in front. Both have emergency numbers to call. The luggage tag has a bulleted list "Nate" and his DOB. The 8x11 card is an emergency room information sheet I found online. You can google the Dr. Savard system and probably find it. I laminated both at Kinko's FedEx because they use thicker laminate than Staples.

ETA-Ugh they are huge, let me try and resize....argh! suck it! I am hoping they show up smaller for you I still see them big....

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• andplusalso......The luggage tag is easy to remove and add to a belt loop or backpack for feild trips etc....
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"