Multiples

Introducing Myself

Hello all mamas!

My friend just introduced me to this website and I thought I'd say hi. My name is Rora. I'm 26 with a 3 year old named Zola Claire. She is a bouncing bucket of joy, but a monster for sure! I didn't get lucky and have one of those calm babies. I'm also pregnant right now with multiples. We've got quints. A huge surprise for sure. Just wanted to connect with you ladies about what I'm going through! Cannot believe how awesome this site is!

More about me though, I've got the five little ones brewing in there. We've asked not to know the sex of any of them, but we accidentally found out we've got at least one boy! Haven't been placed on total bedrest yet, thankfully, but probably headed there soon. Is anyone else carrying more than three? Or already has? Dealing with this has been absolute chaos! Lol.

Re: Introducing Myself

• Congrats to you! I have quads who are turning a year on March 11th. How far along are you?
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Due May 30, but will be delivering much sooner I'm sure. I've had a pretty smooth last two months so we haven't set a date or anything yet. It's so nice to hear from people who have been wherei am... And lived to tell about it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow!!  Congratulations!!  I only have two in there, and now I feel bad for complaining about that with a one year old:)

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Wow, how long will your MFM let you go? How many sacs/placentas do they have? That's amazing that you're still working at 27 weeks! I was miserable by then with only triplets!
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageSascha3:
    Wow!!nbsp; Congratulations!!nbsp; I only have two in there, and now I feel bad for complaining about that with a one year old:

I totally understand. Zola Claire is actually a huge help in this. Everytime I feel like I'm going to fall over, she "rubs the babies" and gives me foot massages. And now she's in charge if my hospital bag, every time something happens and we have a hospital scare, she is, so quick to remind Daddy to "grab the bag!"
    Going to work nowadays consists of packing into the car doing paper work behind the desk, thank GOODNESS I have help. I'm a teacher and we just hired a second lead for my classroom this school year so it's been great! Feel like I'm gonna pop any second
  • imagehunt2005:
    Wow, how long will your MFM let you go? How many sacs/placentas do they have? That's amazing that you're still working at 27 weeks! I was miserable by then with only triplets!

I'm not going past 30 for sure, but they are trying to let these turkeys cook until they are done! I'm basically only going for a few hours keeping up with signing my name on paperwork lol. I'm not TERRIBLY miserable, but I enjoy laying down lol
  • imageSascha3:
    Wow!!  Congratulations!!  I only have two in there, and now I feel bad for complaining about that with a one year old:)

Me too!

Congrats and welcome!! 

• Do You honestly think anyone on the multiples board is going to believe that you are 30 weeks pregnant with quints and still working? You would be on hospitalized bedrest with nearly constant monitoring. Next time try for triplets, it may work. 
  • imagejessibel00:
    Do You honestly think anyone on the multiples board is going to believe that you are 30 weeks pregnant with quints and still working? You would be on hospitalized bedrest with nearly constant monitoring. Next time try for triplets, it may work.nbsp;

What is with you people? Get your facts straight before you say ignorant things.
  • imagejessibel00:
    Do You honestly think anyone on the multiples board is going to believe that you are 30 weeks pregnant with quints and still working? You would be on hospitalized bedrest with nearly constant monitoring. Next time try for triplets, it may work.nbsp;

That's what I was thinking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageACTrawets:
    imagejessibel00:
    What is with you people? Get your facts straight before you say ignorant things.

Actually, the women on this board are incredibly knowledgeable about multiples pregnancies given that we all went through one. We're also more than a bit familiar with higher-order multiples pregnancies given that a few ladies on here have had quads or more, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that we tend to read a lot of news stories and other information about these pregnancies because we're genuinely interested. A quintuplet pregnancy is INCREDIBLY high risk, and the chances that someone would still be working at 30 weeks are very, very low. I know offhand that average gestation for a triplet mom is 32 weeks, and some research has shown me that it's 29 weeks for a quad mom, so for you to be a quint mom humming along happily at 30 weeks? 

If we're wrong, we're wrong, but surely you can understand why we would be skeptical given the information presented. 

ETA: Also, you say you're due May 30 but don't know when you'll deliver. Easy to believe with twins, or maybe even triplets, but with anything higher than that you absolutely have an eviction date for those babies out of sheer necessity for their health. Doctors don't play around with "oh, let's see how the next couple months go" when you're 30 weeks pregnant with quints. Maybe I'm sleep deprived and cranky today (courtesy of my lovely twin angels), but your rudeness over being questioned on this has upped my crankiness level. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageshaunah816:

imageACTrawets:
    imagejessibel00:

Actually, the women on this board are incredibly knowledgeable about multiples pregnancies given that we all went through one. We're also more than a bit familiar with higher-order multiples pregnancies given that a few ladies on here have had quads or more, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that we tend to read a lot of news stories and other information about these pregnancies because we're genuinely interested. A quintuplet pregnancy is INCREDIBLY high risk, and the chances that someone would still be working at 30 weeks are very, very low. I know offhand that average gestation for a triplet mom is 32 weeks, and some research has shown me that it's 29 weeks for a quad mom, so for you to be a quint mom humming along happily at 30 weeks? 

If we're wrong, we're wrong, but surely you can understand why we would be skeptical given the information presented. 

ETA: Also, you say you're due May 30 but don't know when you'll deliver. Easy to believe with twins, or maybe even triplets, but with anything higher than that you absolutely have an eviction date for those babies out of sheer necessity for their health. Doctors don't play around with "oh, let's see how the next couple months go" when you're 30 weeks pregnant with quints. Maybe I'm sleep deprived and cranky today (courtesy of my lovely twin angels), but your rudeness over being questioned on this has upped my crankiness level. 

My Dr would not let me go past 30 weeks with quads. My Dr is the Dr in my area who delievers higher multiples and has delivered many quads and quints. I am actually surprised you are still up and walking around at 30 weeks. I had to have help getting out of bed my last few weeks on bed rest. You must be superwoman to have made it so far! Good luck with your delivery and I hope you have a short NICU stay. 

image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"