Trouble TTC

newbie non-responder

Hi there,

This is my first post. Has anyone else had trouble responding to clomid? im feeling so frustrated and confused. my first cycle i got 1follie (19) andthis cycle so far i have not responded to both clomid and follistim so we are trying 2 more days of clomid and hoping that it lights a fire and they start growing. i had alot of 8mm and 1 10mm. They call me pcos apperant?!? anyways just hoping to get advice and maybe some support as im new to this whole thing. 

DH and I said "I do" 7-7-07 Ttc naturally on/off 4 years 1st RE appt. 05/2012 Jan 2013 Cycle#1 50mg clomid, trigger and progesterone during 2ww=BFN Feb2013 cycle#2 50mg clomid 5-9 no response follistim 50iu cd 14-16 no response 50mg clomid cd17-18=????

Re: newbie non-responder

• jfb29jfb29 member
    I don't have any advice but just want to say you are not alone. I haven't responded to clomid. Currently I'm on a break with the understanding I'll move onto injects next. It is very frustrating. IF sucks!

TTC #1 Since 7/2011

Me: 30, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 38, Low Morph & DE
    Rx: Metformin 500mg

Cycle #1: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #2: Clomid 150mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #3: Clomid 150mg + Follistim + Ovidrel = No response, Canceled

Cycle #4: Femara 7.5mg + Gonal-f + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP!!!!

~ EDD 03.26.14 ~

• jfb29jfb29 member
    Also, I'm mobile bumping do you have a diagnosis? PCOSers from my understanding, sometimes don't respond to clomid.

TTC #1 Since 7/2011

Me: 30, PCOS with anovulation
    DH: 38, Low Morph & DE
    Rx: Metformin 500mg

Cycle #1: Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #2: Clomid 150mg + Ovidrel = No Response, Canceled
    Cycle #3: Clomid 150mg + Follistim + Ovidrel = No response, Canceled

Cycle #4: Femara 7.5mg + Gonal-f + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP!!!!

~ EDD 03.26.14 ~

• Loading the player...
  • I don't have a PCOS diagnosis, but I didn't respond to Clomid so my RE moved me to injectibles after the first cycle.  But I am 35 and in bit of a rush ;)
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I respond very slowly to clomid and have only ever had one mature follicle at a time. I am moving on to injectibles next cycle if this one doesn't work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thank you everyone. if feels good to have support like this and not feel alone. I go in Monday to see if any follies have grown. I'm not sure what the next option will be for me. I'm.thinking if this doesn't work I want to move to.injectables. I have pcos apprrant overies but that is the only symptom I have of pcos. the u/s tech is convinced that our generation is affected by BPA. I guess it can mimic estrogen in the body. don't quote me on that. Lol
    DH and I said "I do" 7-7-07 Ttc naturally on/off 4 years 1st RE appt. 05/2012 Jan 2013 Cycle#1 50mg clomid, trigger and progesterone during 2ww=BFN Feb2013 cycle#2 50mg clomid 5-9 no response follistim 50iu cd 14-16 no response 50mg clomid cd17-18=????
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"