October 2013 Moms
Options

Toddler moms

Does anyone else feel like they are "neglecting" their child due to debilitating m/s? This evening I laid in my bed with all the lights off and DD sat next to me quietly playing cars like the amazing kid she is. I just finished up a big ugly cry because I feel so bad for being such a shitty mom who has the TV on all day and can hardly lift her head to read their child a book. And it has officially freaked me out that she will no longer have my full attention ever again. I feel guilty for being pregnant. I can't be the only one, right?

Re: Toddler moms

• Options
    The TV has been on a hell of a lot more the past week or so than ever.  
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    are you taking zofran?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Right there with you.  I laid on the floor while DS played after dinner.  When he came over to climb on me I had to roll to my side and curl up in a ball.  I read him a book while he said dadadada over and over standing next to me.  I put him to bed 15 minutes early so I could lay on the couch sooner.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I could have written this word for word! Thank heavens for kids Netflix. I seriously lay on the couch all day other than to fix DS a quesadilla or sandwich.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageCousinVicki:
    are you taking zofran?

I'm calling first thing tomorrow to ask for some. I've been sick for a while but today it hit me like a bus.

• Options
    imageMae208:
    I could have written this word for word! Thank heavens for kids Netflix. I seriously lay on the couch all day other than to fix DS a quesadilla or sandwich.

DD has been living off quesadillas, lunch meats and frozen breakfast foods, her favorite. She's not complaining!

• Options
    You are definitely not alone. We all must do what we need to do to survive morning sickness. Don't beat yourself up about it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel bad for my DD too. The Disney channel has been on constantly during the day. But she has been so good while I'm being lazy/sick. I'm looking forward to the 2nd trimester when we can do fun things to sorta make up for this time. Don't worry, your DD won't think any less of you while you're not feeling well.
  • Options
    I'm feel the exact same way. My migraines have been out of control lately. After work today, I had a bad one. We sat in the dark watching Sprout. I was counting the seconds until her dad got home. I feel very guilty lately and I think my baby girl is such a trooper for dealing with me. I also get nervous about how my relationship is going be with my baby girl when the baby arrives. I know it will all be fine, but I definitely have those thoughts.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yup. This is me too. I cried to DH the other night about how I was a terrible mother for not wanting to play with DS and a terrible wife because I didn't want to have sex lol. Can't wait for the nausea to pass so I can be myself again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Options

Yes. I just told dh that we need to turn TV off! If been so tired and my back is in excruciating pain. So I lay down on his monkey pillow pet and read or watch cartoons with him.I do feel guilty. TV has def been on more. :( its survival, so don't feel too guilty. 

• Options
    I'm with you. DD is enjoying shows right and left most days and lots of independent play. A warm up of what is to come, end of an era.
  • Options
    imagebkeane619:
    The TV has been on a hell of a lot more the past week or so than ever. nbsp;

This. She has been doing a lot more individual and imaginative play not sure if its BC I'm so lazy or her growing up. So far she hasn't seemed upset or anything, I did put her in ballet and gymnastics this week. She had her first classes and loves it. Hoping it will be something consistent and enjoyable for her and help through the transition

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I have 4 already, so I feel no guilt about my kids not having my sole attention. I feel you though. So sick.... TV has been on a lot. My Kindle has been used a lot. I cheat and have some flashcards for the young kids and work books for all the kids. So I encourage use with those. They have toddler ones at book stores and Walmart has them (kinda hidden in the paper/coloring books area)

Also play-dough! homemade play-dough is non toxic (for the toddlers) and it is an activity that is good for them.

I still have to get up and function. My downfall is not keeping 100% with routine (I have an autistic kid) which leads to some meltdowns and also not keeping up on the PECS daily board. 

BTW, putting the phone near my mouth makes me ill... really....

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Yea, these last few weeks have been rough. I've been nauseous pretty much all day so there's definitely more TV-watching than there used to be. And lots of quesadillas in our house too. I can't wait for the second tri (and knocking on wood that I'm not one of those unlucky souls who continue to have m/s through the 2nd tri). 

My food & craft blog: Fraises et Tartines

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2: 9/29/12; EDD 6/8/2013; m/c 10/5/2012

BFP#3: 1/29/13; EDD 10/5/2013 - Baby Claire arrived 10/6/2013
  • Options
    I don't have m/s yet so I can't compare to what you are going through.  I can't imagine!  I had a bad cold for a few days and that was bad enough.  I can relate to the guilty feeling.  I'm really nervous and kinda sad that my relationship with my son is going to change.  In the long run I know my DS will adjust but I know it will be hard for him.  
    Married-September 24, 2006
    First Baby Boy - Born January 4, 2010
    #2 BFP 2/14/13 EDD 10/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I seriously just wrote a post about this on my original BMB.  I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one with the TV on while I zone out on the couch. :(  I am counting down the days until 2nd tri.  
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    You are not alone. D has been watching waaaaay too much MMCH but I seriously can't do anything. Just tonight I was able to sit on the floor and color with him. And yes, I'm freaking out too that he is no longer going to be the only child. Scares the crap out of me!!
     Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    H has been watching much more TV the past week or so, not so much because of morning sickness which is there but not as terrible as pure exhaustion.  i forgot how tired i get when i'm pregnant.  with a walking toddler who is into everything its so much worse, lol. glad i'm not alone! i hope we all feel better soon. 
  • Options
    I've said it so many times in the last few weeks! I feel so bad for her, she is definitely watching more tv than usual! :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Right there with ya! Oh and the zofran isn't helping!
  • Options
    My girls are definitely enjoying more tv then normal. We also have been eating more junk food too. But i know it is temporary. It happened when I was pregnant with DD2 and DD1 survived so we will make it.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • Options

Totally feeling this! I'm a working mom so I feel extra guilty that this week I just cuddled with DD on the couch for an hour while she watched tv and I tried not to fall asleep. I get so little time to play with her as it is!

I've been feeling guilty about having another kid and feeling like it's not fair to have a second if it means being a terrible mom to your first.

But then, my friend posted a picture on Facebook of his sons. He was taking a nap and woke up to find that the 2 boys had gotten a coloring book and crayons and were hard at work coloring together. It was just so sweet. I love having siblings, I can't imagine growing up without them and I'm just hoping DD won't feel totally neglected.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options

Daddy is freaking out with guilt because DD will never have our undivided attention again. I'll tell you what I tell him, your second child will NEVER have your undivided attention. They will never be an only child and guess what, they're going to be just as happy and healthy as your first child despite it. =) Probably happier since they'll have a sibling!

As for sitting in the dark with the tv, you're in survival mode. It's okay! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses. It's nice to feel less alone and a little less guilty. Sometimes I don't think I know what I signed up for and I feel very underprepared!

• Options
    I feel like I have said 'not right now' way too much to my kids lately and it makes me sad. But I am just so tired that all I want to do is lay on the couch. We have watched a lot of cartoons here but hopefully in the next few weeks I get my energy back and the weather gets nicer and I can make it up to them!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#4 1/19/13 ~ due 10/2/13 ~ hoping for our rainbow baby!
    BFP#3 8/14/12 ~ missed m/c ~ D&C 9/25/12 at 10w1d
    Hannah-10/25/08
  • Options

Yes, and my mother is visiting. I'm sure she thinks this is how we always are: ordering food in; me laying on the couch; PJ watching movies.

NOT AT ALL. But hello - nausea like a b!tch all afternoon and evening; we are all still on antibotics; and now we have a cold.

I don't feel guilty - my kid is so well taken care of - but I wish I didn't have another set of eyes with all tha tjudgement going on

• Options

I know I'm late to the party, but wanted to add another "you're not alone" post. I felt so guilty yesterday, since I cancelled a trip to the children's museum because I just feel crappy.  I feel like it's not fair that my DS has to miss out on fun just because I'm pregnant. It didn't help that my friend gave me a guilt trip about it, too.

I can operate at about 80% in the mornings, but the nausea and fatigue get so bad in the afternoon/evenings that I'm just a lump. There's been a lot of TV here, too. All that being said, I really value having a sibling, and I was the first. I survived my mom's pregnancy...I'm sure our toddlers will, too.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"