Infertility

Aaaaand once again, people stink.

I was in a pretty good mood going in to work. I was making copies when a coworker asked if I had kids....totally random, I don't talk with her much. When I said "no", she said "on that's smart." It took everything I had in me to not breakdown right then and there. Why would anyone ever say that? I know she doesn't know my situation and I know it wasn't intended to hurt. But come the eff on, people!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Aaaaand once again, people stink.

• Yes, people have the best advice.  We are TTC and everyone keeps telling me to stop trying so hard!  Thank you, all you stupid people!

• I am a nurse at a children's hospital. I get it from coworkers and patients parents. Some of my coworkers do know my situation and still say stupid s!
    Some people are just very insensitive!
    DOB 12/77 Married 2006 Tubes removed 2008 Nursing School IVF round 1 (9/2012) BCP lupron micro stimulation with bravelle/menapur crinone ovidril estrogen patch prenatals 5 follicles 4 fertilized 2 transfered day 3 none to freeze - 4 cell with moderate fragmentation - 4 cell with moderate fragmentation Beta 1-less than 1 IVF round 2 (2/2013) stimulation with bravelle/menapur ganirelix hgh crinone ovidril aspirin after retrievel prenatals 13 follicles 6 fertilized 3 transfered day 3 (none to freeze) - 8 cell with mild fragmentation - 8 cell with mild fragmentation - 4 cell with mild fragmentation Beta #1-6 Beta #2-3
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejilljillyt:
    I am a nurse at a children's hospital. I get it from coworkers and patients parents. Some of my coworkers do know my situation and still say stupid s!
    Some people are just very insensitive!

Me too!! This happens all the time!
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • I started a new job last week and on my first day 3 people asked me if I had kids....ugh!!!
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• I'll chime in...

I went to the bakery the other day and while I was waiting for stuff the girl behind the counter strikes up a conversation about how her daughter is driving her crazy. She proceeds to ask if I have kids and when I answered "not yet" her reply was "thank your lucky stars. I have four and they are hard work. Don't do it"

Patients ask all the time and when I say no the answer almost always is "I bet after delivering so many of them you probably want nothing to do with children"

Ugh. 

Married 2007
    3 Clomid IUIs -- BFNs
    IVF #1 never made it to transfer
    On "egg health" cocktail DHEA/CoQ10/FRC/Pregnitude/Melatonin
    Starting IVF #2 for Feb 2013
    Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix
    Cancelled mid-cycle due to high P4 levels early on.
    OCPs again for IVF 2.5 mid-March. IVF 2.5 transferred two "gorgeous" 5-day blasts and BFFN. Even REI is baffled
    On indefinite hold until a huge stroke of serendipity led me to IVF 3 May 2014
    Testing found positive cardiolipins/APS, now on lovenox and intralipid infusions
    Transfer of 2 5-day blasts and (FINALLY) BFFP!! 1st ultrasound shows two sacs and two HB, but one is sluggish, almost expecting vanishing twin Subsequent ultrasound confirmed vanishing twin, but my other Little critter looks fantastic!
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
    -- Margaret Thatcher

• Definitely annoying...people at work keep asking what I'm waiting for and "it's time" ugh whatever people! 

• Patients ask all of the time...at least once or twice a week.  In a pediatric practice you are surrounded by children all day long...and the newborns!!!  One mother stated to me that she left her last pediatrician's office because that pediatrician went on maternity leave.  The practice didn't close, she just went on maternity leave. Mind you, this mother is currently pregnant with her second child. What nerve!! I could't believe it!! 
    NCCDIL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"