September 2011 Moms

Texting ?

Do your parents text you?

My Dad turned 74 today! he has learned to text! I love it!

My ILs do not.. they still call from their house phone! How outdated are they Stick out tongue?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Texting ?

• My mom does often. My MIL hates texting but occasionally does it. She never makes any sense lol!
  • Dad doesn't even have a phone. Mom mainly texts me. Sometimes she thinks its twitter or something and sends my sister and I random updates lol. Its annoying but not as annoying as 100 calls would be. I'm not much of a phone talker
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebecasmeca:
    Do your parents text you?_______________________________________My Dad turned 74 today! he has learned to text! I love it! My ILs do not.. they still call from their house phone! How outdated are they Stick out tongue?
    My ILs call from their house but if they are out they call from their cells. My FIL is trying to text but he only like to receive pictures of Matt haha. My Mom text me.

• I don't think my dad knows how to text. My mom texts me all the time...usually daily.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom does. I have an aunt that does too.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Both my parents have iPhones now and text... they are 69 and 67 years old. Saves my sanity sometimes. Haha.
  • Yes! Both of my parents text proficiently.

even my grandma recently learned! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Both my parents and inlaws text; it's great! But they are all still in their 40s (until my dad turns the big 5-0 next month!) so it's not exactly unexpected. 
  • My dad is 69 and texts. Very short and choppy, but almost daily. My mom is 66 and does not.

My fil, 63, doesn't have a cell. My mil is 57 and does not have texting on her phone. I've never talked to on her cell either. She pays as she goes so it's just for emergencies.
  • My dad is 47 and my mom is 46. They both text, and both have iPhones. My inlaws are 48 and 51 I think.. And they both text. FIL just started texting on his basic flip phone, while MIL has been texting for a while on her iPhone. My inlaws don't have my phone number though, thank goodness!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Everyone texts me. My mom is 40, mil is 45, dad/fil in the same age range....all my aunts and uncles...and even my grandmother texts. It is all clear and can be easily read. I hate having to hold the phone to my ear. We all text each other.
  • Both my parents text regularly - although my dad struggles with autocorrect so his are usually a little cryptic.

My MIL occasionally texts.

• I don't really like to talk to my mom and she knows it so we usually communicate through text when needed.

I text my dad quite a bit with the little things--he usually calls me to respond :)

DH's parents don't text, but they just got an iPad so we now Facetime with them every week :)  I'm impressed. 

• My parents and in-laws text, though not very often. I like it when I don't feel like talking, or just have something small to tell them!

HP super sirius

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My parents and inlaws all text it's way easier than phone calls they used to do to check on cole. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yes, all around.  My dad does, but not very often.  Same with my mom.  We'd rather talk than text. 
  • My parents are 60 and they both do. Not too often, though, because I don't really use my phone much and they know it. I'm more of an emailer.

And I use my home phone almost always. I hate using my cell, talking while driving and texting ever. The phone is so old I can't even hear very well on it anymore. And I don't want a new one because it'll just come with a higher bill...for something I don't even use much.

I realize a 60yr old woman could've just written that Embarrassed ha!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"