May 2013 Moms
Options

those who've had subsequent pregnancies:

This is really just something I've been wondering about. For those of you who have had multiple pregnancies/babies, if you suffer from morning sickness, was it like that with all your babies? Or was one pregnancy better than the other? I ask and use m/s as an example because I'm miserable most everyday. Whether it's nausea, SPD, difficulty breathing, etc. We always wanted to have our children close in age but I do not enjoy being pregnant and can't imagine dealing with these things with a LO at home.

This isn't a complaint post because a lot of ladies on this board have had complications and a lot more to complain about than me. I'm just wondering if there's a chance my next pregnancy could be way more enjoyable, like friends of mine who seem to breeze right through it. My first pregnancy ended at 8 weeks but I was diagnosed with hyperemesis at 6. So far I don't have a great track record. Is there hope for me yet?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: those who've had subsequent pregnancies:

• Options
    I didn't have MS with my first, but i did have serious nausea with this one. Same with food aversions, the only thing that made me gag last time was eggs, this time it was just food, in general. Overall, this pregnancy has been completely different. I feel more tired and more uncomfortable, but I'm also 5 years older.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

I'm similar to jersey. No morning sickness or anything the first time, nauseated a lot this time.

Oh, and heartburn started way sooner this time, like 18 weeks instead of 30.

Last time by this time I had a linea negra too, but not this time.

Aside from that though, they have both been uneventful, generally great pregnancies.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my first I was diagnosed with hyperemesis, I did the whole zofran thing and still lost 18 pounds my first trimester. Second pregnancy was a bit worse, I kept my wight loss to 18 pounds again. I did accupuncture and zofran this time to keep my head above water, had one ER visit at 10 weeks for dehydration. Boy last time, girl this time. I couldn't pick up or care for my son at all for a month :
    BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had constant nausea and vomited maybe 3 to 5x a week with my first until 26 wks. One zofran a day was enough for me to function at work.

This time I the vomiting was far worse. I lost more weight in the beginning. Zofran didn't work so I had to take reglan too. It stopped earlier this time at 21 weeks.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    This pregnancy is way worse than the first. I vomited more, more tired, short of breath, dizzy and overall more sore, but some of my friends are the opposite. You just never know. 
  • Options
    imageKatieKaboom1:
    With my first I was diagnosed with hyperemesis, I did the whole zofran thing and still lost 18 pounds my first trimester. Second pregnancy was a bit worse, I kept my wight loss to 18 pounds again. I did accupuncture and zofran this time to keep my head above water, had one ER visit at 10 weeks for dehydration. Boy last time, girl this time. I couldn't pick up or care for my son at all for a month :

This is my fear. Although I didn't have hyperemesis again, I had terrible nausea for 4.5 months this time. And I've had it again lately.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With my son I was tired with small bouts of nausea. With this little girl I was much more tired and has nausea for longer and more intense. I was 20 with my son and am 30 with this one. I think my age is a factor.
  • Options
    For me: different each time I've been pregnant.
  • Options
    I had horrible with DD until 18 weeks. My two losses were too early to really tell what was going on or what was just in my head. This time I've only had a handful of days with m/s issues, so in that sense, it has been awesome. BUT, I have dealt with other problems this time around in exchange...migraines being the worst of it all. I guess I just wont be one of those easy pregnancy ladies ever! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Options
    Nope, this pregnancy has truly been different. I was on Zofran last time and had barely any nausea in the first tri like last time. I've been more exhausted though... But having been through pregnancy before, I know the end is near, it doesn't feel like an eternity like last time!
  • Options
    My pregnancies have gotten worse. My first was smooth no MS nothing just a little hip pain the last month before he was born. I never got swollen either. My second was smooth as well but I did have some MS and aches and pains here and there and had swollen feet but I blame that on the summer. This pregnancy again smooth but horrible MS yeast and bladder infections that won't go away headaches and pain everywhere since 2n tri. When I say smooth I mean a healthy pregnancy. This one though has made me not even want to think about another kid because if they keep getting worse I can only imagine how ill feel a fourth time. Good luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagePetraStonegirl:
    It could be better, it could be worse. After 4 pregnancies, I can safely say that they are kind of like a box of chocolates.

I like this quote! Yes you never know what you are going to get!
  • Options

My two pregnancies with my boys were very very similar: no m/s, no cravings, no real aversions, no complications, discomfort with being so huge at the end, but generally really really easy.  This pregnancy has been different: a week-ish of nausea in the beginning, discomfort from 2nd tri on, way more Braxton Hicks, way more issues with trouble breathing, etc.  But generally, not that bad I guess.  Much harder than my first two but nothing I wouldn't do again in a heartbeat.

ETA: definitely agree that age is a factor.  I kept joking when I was pregnant with DS1 that I wish I had done it 10 years earlier because it would be so much easier.  Of course then I would have been pregnant at 17.... 

• Options

My first two were so easy it was amazing. I had very few symptoms with both and with the first no discomfort until labour started. With the second there was pain and discomfort at the end. I did get heartburn with both but not nearly as bad as now.

This time I have had nausea and food aversions for much of the pregnancy. I have horrible heartburn that sometimes makes me sick and nothing really works to help. I am in pain at the end of almost every day and I have had aches, swelling and cramps everywhere. (plus many other issues I didn't have before) Compared to other women my pregnancy has been pretty smooth but compared to my first two it has been really difficult.

There is hope for your next pregnancy.

• Options
    My pregnancies have been very similiar, down to the m/s starting and ending at the same time. The only differences are how I'm carrying (high this time, low last time) and I have heartburn this time which I didn't have previously.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This pregnancy has been so much better on me.  With DD I threw up 1-3+ times daily from about 7 weeks right through to when I was in labour, ended up at the chiropractor for pains in my butt and had horrible lighning pains in my stomach muscles/tendons (I don't remember what this is called).  With this one I had a few weeks of extreme exhaustion (but this was the same time that I was dealing with some depression so I am not totally sure that it is pg related), and now I have middle of the night insomnia (usually wake up between 2 and 3 and don't fall back asleep for 2-3hours), but it is not really affecting me.  I put on over 50 lbs with DD and seem to be right on track with this one too (up 40 already).
  • Options

This pregnancy is identical to my last. Started getting sick between 9-10 weeks and continued vomiting until 23-24 weeks. Still nauseated and taking zofran daily. I took zofran until delivery with DS. I plan on doing to same (as needed) with DD. Gender doesn't matter. And I *almost* forgot what MS felt like until all the nausea came flooding back with this pregnancy. So glad it's gone for now.

On the flip side I have friends who were sick with their first and didn't feel an ounce of nausea with their second; and vice versa.  So bizarre. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My mom keeps telling me the next one will be better. I think she's afraid I'll stop at one! Thanks for all the responses. I'm certainly going to hope for the best next time around.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This pregnancy is completely different than my first.

First pregnancy was easy breezy. No m/s, food adversions nothing. Except my feet and legs did start swelling pretty early on last time, and didn't go down until a week PP.

This pregnancy, I have had constant food adversions, m/s, nausea. This baby is also a lot bigger than my son. I am more tired and have experienced more pain in my ribs and from RLP.
  • Options
    I think every pregnancy is definitely different. I've never had ms, but I had bad nausea with my first pregnancy and then again with this one. I have friends who have had really bad ms one pregnancy than none the next one.
  • Options

Morning sickness wise they've been similar, but I've been fortunate to not have it too bad in that dept.  

you also mentioned SPD.  I had that last time, from around 36 weeks on.  I managed it, but never really felt 100% after delivery.  Even this past summer 18 months pp if I went running I'd be very sore after.  According to my doc it doesn't last like that in most people, so I may be atypical, but the SPD issues are sooo bad this time.  Started around 16 weeks and haven't been able to do much physically.  My job requires me to stand/walk most of the day and I can do it but its tough (only work 25-30 hrs/wk).  lifting my 32 pound DD isn't helping the cause either.   I'm not trying to be depressing, just honest.  In hindsight I wish I'd worked harder to strengthen my pelvic area before getting pregnant again.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    There is hope! I was super sick with DS, lots of vomiting, just uncomfortable in general. This time around has been a breeze when I was expecting the worst. Hope the same goes for you!
    First pregnancy, no problems, beautiful DS 11/2010 BFP 5/12, 2 US with empty sac, one at 7.2 with fetal pole, empty sac at 8.2, D&C 6/12 BFP 8/24, it's a boy! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageLaineyPaney:
    For me: different each time I've been pregnant.
    This.  But I have to add they have been crazy, unvelievably, ridiculously different.  I also have to say, I've had some pretty challenging aspects to all pregnancies and births and yet here I am again.  Pregnancy amnesia at it's finest.  ;-)
  • Options

My first pregnancy was really easy ( I still had some of your standard 3rd tri ailments, but didn't really bug me much). This time around has not been so fun. I'm constantly tired because of my toddler, constantly sick because of my toddler (in daycare) and I had ms, which I didn't have the first time.

agreed, still overjoyed to be having our lil one, but not as fun this time around. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• Options
    In my experience, each pregnancy has been harder than the previous one. With my first I suffered from mild morning sickness early on, but that was honestly it. It was a breeze for me and I couldn't understand why some women would say pregnancy was "so hard" or "SO uncomfortable." However, my second pregnancy was an entirely different story. I had horrible morning sickness, tons of headaches, major heartburn, and an awful case of spd. This pregnancy has been full of headaches as well, and while I've been lucky enough to escape the morning sickness, the spd has been ridiculous. Last night I struggled just to get out of bed, and once I stood up I couldn't even move because my crotch hurt SO badly! I know this sounds totally dramatic, but I just stood there crying. Here I am about to pee all over myself, and I can't even move. My doc says if it gets too much worse, I may have to be in a wheelchair for the rest of this pregnancy. Ya, that is not an option. I have 2 little ones! Anyways, sorry I turned this into a whiney rant. On the bright side, my sister in law had a miserable first pregnancy, and (according to her) a blissful second one. So there's definitely hope! I guess I'm just unlucky. Ha.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Every pregnancy and every baby is different.  With my first I had scheduled morning sickness or evening sickness lol, I worked 3rd shift at the time.  Every day at 5pm I would barf my guts up until I left for work.  But other than that an easy pregnancy until being diagnosed with GD.  I was induced w/ him at 39wks due to the fact I had GD and they expected a big baby and he was far from that at 5 lbs 11 oz.  That ended in a C/S.

The second time around no morning sickness but pepperoni made me barf but it was a food I had to have lol. I also had GD this time as well.  W/ that one I started having preterm labor at 6 months.  No bed rest or anything just had to take it easy.  RCS scheduled for him at 38wks but went into labor at 37wks on my own.  Big Boy at 8 lbs 5 oz.

With my current pregnancy I have been diagnosed with too much amniotic fluid and am now a Type 2 Diabetic diagnosed pre-pregnancy.  So now I have weekly ultrasounds.  But still no morning sickness and no preterm labor lol.  Every one is different and there is no way to guess how good or bad your body will handle the next pregnancy.  But I will say with my C/S the next one was easier because I knew what to expect...

• Options

With my first I had terrible morning/all day sickness and threw up everyday for the first 20-some weeks. I only gained 4 pounds the entire pregnancy. I didn't have any complications until 37 weeks. This pregnancy I have had maybe a handful of days that I was "sick" but I have had more complications starting at 9 weeks with really high blood pressure. I was put on bed rest at 25 weeks. Pregnancies are completely different...that being said we are done at 2. 

edited to reword for better understanding. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Every pregnancy is different.. My first was easier than my 2nd, but both still pretty easy compared to what others have experienced.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    This pregnancy has been far worse than my last one.  I'm not sure if it's because it's so close to my last one but I was sicker for the 1st and 2nd trimester and had to take Zofran this time.  I'm more achy and feel way more exhausted but that could be due to chasing a toddler at the same time.  I have friends though who's second pregnancies were a breeze so I guess it's different for everyone!
    Little Sib & Big Sis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I had it until 13/14 weeks with my first but I still have it with this LO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This pregnancy is definitely different than my last.  I'm very lucky overall with minimal issues, but I'm definitely having more pain this time around. 
  • Options

This one was slightly different. I still had a significant amount of nausea but with my first, it was typically only in the morning that I threw up (before breakfast) and then I just felt icky the rest of the day. This one was accompanied by intense vomiting every night of the week after dinner until I went on the Zofran, then vomiting every few days.

Other than that, my only difference really has been no linea negra. I'm pretty sure I had it at this point with my last. I'm carrying the same (although I'm able to sleep better) and have had a relatively uneventful pregnancy, minus the occasional surprise public puking.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    Each pregnancy has been different for me. Morning sickness was the worst with my first pregnancy - throwing up about 4 times a day up through about 22 weeks.  It ended a little earlier with my second child, around 20 weeks, but I also wasn't throwing up quite as much.  Third pregnancy, which we lost, I had bad morning sickness that actually lasted a little bit past the miscarriage while my hormones were settling down.  With this one, I actually had a lot of days where I didn't even throw up, just felt nauseous and it was all gone by about 14 or 15 weeks.  This has been BY FAR my easiest pregnancy as far as how I have felt physically.  So, I would say there's hope that your next pregnancy will not be so bad. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had horrible m/s and migraines with my first that lasted until 25 weeks.  I did still have a couple migraines in 3rd tri and those were accompanied by nausea and vomiting but I always get that with my migraines so who knows if it was the baby or the migraine.

With this one I had horrible m/s again but fewer migraines.  My m/s only lasted until about 20 weeks this time but there have still been some days where I puke all day for no reason or puke in the morning, it's just not every day like it was up until 20 weeks. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Each of my pregnancies has been completely different! With DD2 I was convinced she was a boy because my MS was worse than with DD1. This time it was pretty non existent again. Hope your next pregnancy(ies) go much better than this time!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I had no ms and very little nausea with my first. With this one I had nausea up until the 11th week and the heartburn started way early with this one too. Both pregnancies of girls.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My first, I was nauseous from 30 minutes before I peed on the stick until sometime after week 18.  I started puking several times a week at week 8.  The frequency decreased, but I still puked a few times a month up to and including during delivery.  Other than the m/s, I was OK.  Not too sore other than at night, and my feet swelled at around week 24 and stayed swollen until 2 weeks after my c/s. 

My second was a breeze as far as m/s and feeling icky.  I think I threw up 4 times my entire pregnancy.  I didn't have the incessant nausea.   I never really swelled.  I did weigh less than when I got pregnant with #1, and I was in better overall shape.

This time was worse than the first.  I was puking pretty regularly up until week 22.  I still don't have a regular relationship with food.  I'm beat.  Thankfully, I'm not too sore.   I am not in as good a shape as I was when I got pregnant with my 2nd, and I wonder if that has anything to do with it for me.

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"