July 2012 Moms
Options

PW: Wrote something

Warning: about loss

As I've been trying to "heal" (I can't think of a better word) from losing our baby, I've been working on this poem. Writing has always been my way of coping since I have trouble talking, and getting it out in the open helps me to know that even if I can't talk about it, our baby has not been forgotten.  There's a quote that has resonated with me ever since I read it, "there is no foot so small that it does not leave an imprint on this world."  Our baby left an imprint on my heart, and there's a beauty in even our baby's short life that deserves to be acknowledged and cherished.

This, then, is my way of cherishing the memory of our baby.  I hope it's OK that I am posting it here...as odd as it sounds, I feel more support from this board than I do from FB.  If you ladies don't want it here, I'll DD.

Izzy's Tree

You never felt the breeze,

You never knew a spring.

You never knew a drop of rain,

Or the joy that summer brings.

We never sang you lullabies

But we loved you just the same.

We never knew you, Little One,

But we?ve given you a name.

We know you live in our hearts

And want the world to see;

So Daddy, Emmy, and I

Bought you a cherry tree.

It will feel the breeze

And will sway in its embrace.

It will know many springs

In its special place.

Its leaves will dance in the rain,

Unfettered and free

It will stretch its limbs in joy

With every summer It will see.

Because you went to heaven,

We?re bringing a little heaven here,

We will honor you this way

And keep your memory dear.

We will rest in its shade

With songs within our hearts.

The tree will remind us,

True love never parts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: PW: Wrote something

• Options
    That's really beautiful, eaf. I love the poem, and I hope that writing it and planting the tree has helped you find some peace.

::::hug::::

• Options
    That brought tears to my eyes. It really is a beautiful poem.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That was really wonderful. Thank you so much for posting it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That was beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. You are in my prayers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Beautiful
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    I love the poem, beautiful.  I also really like the idea of using a tree to commemorate her.  :)
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So beautiful...
  • Options
    beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That is a beautiful poem.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Hugs!
  • Options
    My heart is just breaking for you. That was beautiful. 
  • Options

Thanks everyone.  I was afraid to check this thread at first, but your kind words and encouragement mean a lot to me.  

imagehijoi:
    Thank you so much for this. I really needed to read something, today of all days. Two years ago today, I got a BFP for a baby that I eventually lost. It was my second loss. I am not a writer and can't express the anguish as well as you did, so I will just cry for a bit and say a prayer for your Izzy. Thank you again. You have truly touched my heart.

Joi, I'm so glad you liked it.  I know that many of us are still grieving our little ones, and I didn't want to dredge up painful memories.  You have all been so supportive of me, and the last thing I want to do is hurt anyone.  I'll say a prayer for your little one today too.

• Options

imagerwenck:
    Thank you so much for sharing your poem.  It has been a little over a month since we found out that our little one didn't make.  Most days I feel okay and then in private I still have my moments and am not sure how to deal with it.  So, thank you!  Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem with us :)

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's been about three months since we lost our baby, and it's like the pain comes in waves.  The periods of strength get longer, and the waves of hurt get less of an edge, but I think we will always feel ripples from our losses.  I try to tell myself that it's good, it means our baby, though it never took a breath, made an impact on this world.  Every step I take now is somehow affected by that child.  If I cuddle Emily a little more, if I speak more gently to any child in my care, if I choose seize the chance to play on a sunny day instead of doing chores...then that's Izzy, and it's wonderful.

• Options
    You are such an incredible woman and mommy.  I know that precious little baby feels your love because I certainly do.  
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Wow, that is beautiful.  You are an amazing woman and mother. 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Beautiful! I am so sorry for your loss. You expressed yourself so well, made me tear up! Thoughts and prayers.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Big Smile Beautiful!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I read this this morning only imagining how it must feel and it meant alot, now I read it tonight after learning about my own miscarriage and it means so much more. God, it hurts so much. Again, thank you for sharing this.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageshermans:
    I read this this morning only imagining how it must feel and it meant alot, now I read it tonight after learning about my own miscarriage and it means so much more. God, it hurts so much. Again, thank you for sharing this.

I wasn't really ready to talk for a while after my miscarriage so I understand if it's too painful for now, but I am always here for you if you need to talk. Joi is right, I don't think a mother ever gets over losing her child, but we do accept it in the end. I'm not really there yet, but I'm trying.
    Please don't hesitate to PM me or any of us if you need to or want to.

• Options
    Thank, I appreciate it.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    What a beautiful way to remember.  I love the idea of planting a tree.  Your poem is amazing!
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"