May 2013 Moms
Options

You know what should be illegal?

Root canals on pregnant women.  

I went to the dentist yesterday and what I thought would just be a crown ended up being a really bad infection and needing a root canal right away.  So they started it yesterday and I go back next Wednesday for the rest of it and a crown.  My OB approved them using Lidocaine, but of course no pain meds or ibuprofen.  Know what doesn't do much for a sore mouth and root canal pain?  Tylenol.    

Re: You know what should be illegal?

• Options
    Oh wow, that's seriously unpleasant :/

Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

I was wondering how your dental visit went. My sister always recommends Ibuprofen after working on my teeth so I am sure Tylenol does nothing to help. Fortunately, your sore mouth pain shouldn't last too long and having that root canal will prevent you from having some serious tooth pain in the tooth you cracked.

If it makes you feel better, I have to have some work done tomorrow so you aren't alone.

Hope you feel better, soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yikes, so sorry you have to go through that.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Yeah it's definitely not fun.  I've been taking tylenol and I think the pain is getting a little better.  I'm due for another dose now and it's still tolerable, so I think I'll just wait til I go to bed.  I tried just going to sleep last night without taking anything and woke up at 1am throbbing.  

Funny enough, baby was kicking like crazy while I was up, I think to remind me that he's worth it.  It was kinda cute.   

• Options
    I am so sorry. That sounds miserable. TP you get relief soon.
  • Options
    That really stinks! I hate getting dental work done. I guess maybe ice for swelling would help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ouch!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    Wow... I had something similar with my last pregnancy. However they gave me a script for Tylenol with codine. But I guess it depend on your OB. Hope u feel better
  • Options

Wow, Im sorry to hear about this! I had a root canal and crown done a few weeks ago...ended up throwing up in a trashcan in the office because I was laying flat too long, lol. It gets better, I promise! My doctor allowed for low dose Lortab but I didnt take any...just stuck with Tylenol and youre right...its just not as good.

Get well soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds terrible! I hope you feel better soon! Can you use hot or cold compresses to help the pain?

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My OB ok'd Vicodin after I had my root canal done in January??? Because I was only taking a very small dose and only for a couple of days she said I would be just fine.
  • Options
    Sounds sore. Hope you find some relief soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Man, that blows.  Hope you get some relief soon. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ouch! Tooth pain blows. 

Hope it feels better soon !

http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    On the bright side now you can make yourself a "Natural Root Canal Mama!" badge to post in your siggy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugg I am so sorry you hade to go through that!
  • Options

imageGoMaltby18:
    On the bright side now you can make yourself a "Natural Root Canal Mama!" badge to post in your siggy.

Haha absolutely!

Thanks everyone.  I actually feel just about normal today.  I'm dreading my appt next week but I'll survive it.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"