C-sections

tubal ligation with cs

Anyone have their tubes tied after c-section?  H and I are done after this baby and since I am having a RCS I am planning to have my tubes tied.  I'm just curious if the recovery time for the CS will be longer now and if I have to stay in the hospital an additional day.  From all the research I have done most of the time this is done as an out-patient and recovery is not very long. 

I know these are really questions for my doctor but I'm just curious of others experiences.  TIA!!

image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: tubal ligation with cs

• My section is today at 2:30pm. I'm having a tubal. My dr said it takes an additional 5 minutes and will not affect recovery.
    Me:40 DH:40 AMH:.21 FSH: 10.9 2 failed IUIs on Clomid; 4 failed IUIs using Follistim; 1 cancelled IVF due to poor response; Switched REs in March 2012; Currently stimming for final IVF. Estrogen priming with microsode lupron; 6/25:8 retrieved,7 mature,5 fertilized with ICSI; 6/30: transferred 4. Beta #1 7/12:92.1 Beta #2 7/16: 528 Beta #3 7/18: 1,042 7/25/12: First ultrasound. 1 bean measuring 6 weeks 1 day Hb 116 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks and congrats!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one during my c section with my daughter. I don't have anything to compare the recovery time too since my son was a vaginal birth. I didn't have to stay in the hospital any longer than for a "normal" c section.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats!  I've had 2 csections...had my tubes tied after the 2nd one.  I would have never known it was done, exactly the same recovery and down time.
    Andi is on the move! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • My third section was 11 weeks ago and I had a tubal.  Honestly, my uterus and surrounding parts were a mess due to back to back pg and c/s.  I was in the OR for an additional hour after DS2 was born.  Recovery didn't take longer but I was definitely more sore and had more dfficulty getting around those first few days.  Nothing I couldn't handle though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Had my tubes tied during my 4th c-section. Took 5 minutes and easiest c-section and recovery for me.

GL! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Thanks so much ladies! It's always good to hear responses from people that have been through it.
  • my friend just did this and actually got out of the hospital a day earlier than I ever did after just a csection :)
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • just had my third csection in december with tubal (and a post partum hemorrhage, but that is a whole 'nother story) and went home after two days.  my recovery was no different and i felt great, despite all that happening in two days time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"