July 2013 Moms

Baby Shower Invites

My friends I are in the process of finding baby shower invites. But b/c I have such a large guest list that we would rather not hand write them most custome invites are 13 PER invite! I need colorful invites either custom or decorated paper that we can print txt ourselves! Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!!

Re: Baby Shower Invites

• Etsy. You can get custom designed/personalized invites for $5-15 for a print-ready PDF, then you can either print them at home (will take LOTS of ink) or send to Kinkos/Staples/etc and have printed on nice paper.

ETA: link! (not clicky because Chrome browser hates the Bump. :-(

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=baby shower invitation&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US&ref=auto1 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you have a bit of time before you need them, try Vistaprint. We used them for our wedding invites and were pleased. Not super expensive either. I think you buy in sets of 10 invites.
  • Loading the player...
  • Michael's crafts has printyourown invitations. They're pretty nice. We used them for our wedding. Because they're blank, some of the more colorful wedding invitations might evenbe appropriate for a baby shower.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagelrichmond86:
    Michael's crafts has printyourown invitations. They're pretty nice. We used them for our wedding. Because they're blank, some of the more colorful wedding invitations might evenbe appropriate for a baby shower.

This! And Michael's always has coupons out that would make them even cheaper!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • We did our wedding invites from Michaels and printed them ourselves, it worked out well! I also hosted my friends shower and we got custom invites from Costco
  • Vistaprint did my Christmas cards birth announcements and Walmart I ordered my wedding thank you card. Both places did good job

• I had post-card sized shower invitations printed at vistaprint for a friend's shower and they turned out pretty nice.  They have lots of templates to get you started and are always running promotions, so you can get them pretty inexpensively although they do get you with S&H.  I've had a better experience at overnightprints.com but I've never tried doing invitations through them.

I think given the reasonable price and professional design going that route is preferable to doing your own from scratch.

• I agree with PP about vistaprint, I've done TONS of stuff with them, including our save the dates and wedding invitations.  Beautiful invites and very inexpensive.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Wow you guys are already talking about shower invites? I'm not even sure when or who is having a shower for me! The babies are a long ways away. When is your shower going to be?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've found Tiny Prints to be really affordable. They carry invites that start below a dollar and always have online coupon codes. Plus, if you are a Costco member you get 20% off.
  • shrubshrub member
    I've had great experience with vistaprint but magnetstreet is better IMO. They seem to look better quality at a comparable price and I find them easier to customize.

• Yeah I'm kind of confused about people picking their own invites for a shower. I mea, if your friend asked your opinion that's ok.

one of my close friends is due in June and she has basically planned her whole shower. Seems a little weird to me.  

• My mom is thinking about getting these from Party City.  They're technically announcements, but they're printable and super easy.

https://www.partycity.com/product/baby+girl+printable+announcement+kit+50ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&pp=60&size=all&navSet=110092

• I have the best designer I found on etsy. I've used her a bunch of times. She made the cutest shower invites I've ever seen for my friend. Her store is modern renaissance. She is so reasonable, too. Love her!!!
  • imageCNettles86:
    If you have a bit of time before you need them, try Vistaprint. We used them for our wedding invites and were pleased. Not super expensive either. I think you buy in sets of 10 invites.

I've used VistaPrint for anniversary invites, Thank You notes, Christmas cards, and address labels and have always been very happy with the results.  Lots of options for sizes as well as folded or flat.  Also you can use one of their pre created designs (they have thousands) or upload your own design. And like PP said, they are not very expensive.

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

Pregnancy #1, IUI, MMC, D&C Feb 2012

Pregnancy #2,IUI, MMC, D&C July 2012

Pregnancy #3 IUI, BFP 10/25/12 - Two heartbeats on the U/S!

Twin Girls! C (6/24/13) and E (6/24/13-5/20/15)

Surprise BFP! 10/23/16, EDD 7/2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagecollers4:
    imageAurora317:
    Etsy. You can get custom designed/personalized invites for 515 for a printready PDF, then you can either print them at home will take LOTS of ink or send to Kinkos/Staples/etc and have printed on nice paper.ETA: link! not clicky because Chrome browser hates the Bump. :https://www.etsy.com/search?q=baby20shower20invitationamp;view_type=galleryamp;ship_to=USamp;ref=auto1nbsp;
    This. Etsy has such a great collection of invites to choose from. Michaels is good too but I feel like the options on Etsy are better.

This!  I just threw a shower for my cousin who had a large guest list as well.  I paid $12 for a customized, ready to print invite.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"