Stay at Home Moms
Options

Tips for Disneyworld in Orlando

We are going to Disney next month, and staying on property.   I am looking for any tips or secrets on how to make the most of the trip with a 2 year old.  I have heard have DH go get fast pass for our first choice ride early, and to plan nap time, etc...  Any specific parts of parks we should make a point to visit?  Any insider tips?  Any advice is appreciated.  

Thanks!  

Re: Tips for Disneyworld in Orlando

• Options
    We live in Disney territory and go often. Which resort did you pick?

At 2 I would definitely book a character meal...breakfast gets you the most for your money. Crystal Palace is great and you can get in the Magic Kingdom early before everyone else and be at rope drop for fantasyland.

If there's a favorite character you want to see you can ask one of the character handler cast members and they can usually get you a schedule of when they'll be out.

Get a first visit button when you check in at the resort.

Definitely do not try to see it all in one trip.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The PPs have you covered. I just wanted to add to not underestimate the parades for your kiddo at that age. Our youngest was 18 mos when we last went and he was mesmerized by the parades. Also, the Playhouse Disney show was a huge hit with him as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How long are you going for?  We just did 2 days at Magic Kingdom (which was 1 more than I planned) because we were going ot be FL for DH's work and visiting our families.  I didn't have  a lot of time to plan because I was sick before we went.  We still had a great time and there were only a few things I wish we could have gotten to, but I figure that is what we can look forward to next time.  We also decided to stay off property this time so I can't help there.

If you want to do a character meal, call and reserve one now - they fill up so far in advance it is crazy.

The new Fantasy Land has a lot for that age range.  Dumbo has a fast pass which was nice except that going in you go past the line you do if you wait - and there is a play land.  So my older one had a meltdown because he just wanted to do the playland (and we didn't have time at that point) so the next day we told him we would do it - of course, by the time we got there the wait had gone from 55 to 10 min and was basically walk on "unless you get stuck at the play area" as the line guy said, ha ha.  It was nice though and if it is warm it is a great place to cool off - basically once you get past the first line and get inside, you can get a pager and your kid can play in this inside play area while you play or sit.  It is air conditioned. 

The pooh ride had stuff you could do in line as you moved along which was nice overall. 

Close to fireworks time everything cleared out and it was a great time ot walk onto a majority o fthe rides so if you haven't gotten to something yet, its a good time to check it out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks everyone! Great tips.  It will be 4 days at the parks.  I was thinking of doing MK 2 days... I booked reservations a month ago and it was slim pickings then.  We did get a character breakfast though :).  Being pregnant at the park should add another element as well.  It is exhausting thinking about it.   I will look at those planning sites.  Thanks!

• Options
    We took my oldest son when he was 17 mos. He loved it! He loved the character meals. We did several. We stayed 10 days and did 8 in the parks and took our time. With a toddler the magic kingdom was our favorite. He actually got his first haircut in the magic kingdom at the harmony barber shop! It was such a great memory!! We are planning a trip soon! Have fun!!
  • Options
    I worked in the parks for a while, so if you need some tips, I got it! The best breakfast/character dining experience is Chef Mickey at the Contemporary Resort. It's cheaper, and an all you can eat buffet! You'll see the VIP's there (Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale etc) For a 2 year old I would say Magic Kingdom is the best, but just be prepared for crowds. Like, a lot of crowds. They have the new FantasyLand, which is AMAZING! One of my friends works on the Little Mermaid ride. If you go to the Hollywood Studios, definitely go on Toy Story Mania, it is SOOOOO COOL!! They also have a mid day parade and the stunt show. Since you're staying on property, make sure to have proof so that you can participate in extra magic hours! I you go to Epcot, you can meet characters at the Character Connection, but I think kids have to be 35" to ride Soarin'! I would also take the Monorail or Ferry's so you aren't changing buses constantly. We are taking DD this week! Have fun!
  • Options
    I don't have a lot of advice, but I was just on here a month ago asking for recs because we are going in a couple weeks!  I am also pg, so a little worried how that is going to be, but we are excited.  Have a great time!
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"