Baby Names
Options

Isabella

Hubby and I both really, really love this name for a baby girl.  However, we are turned off by how popular it is, and also by the Twilight connection.  I don't want her to be one of 5 Isabella's in her grade every year.  What do you think?

Re: Isabella

• Options

I think Isabella is a classic, feminine girl's name. I don't care about Twilight, honestly it'll pass by in a few years. However, you are correct that she is likely to be one of 2 or more Isabella's at SOME point in her life. But, is it worth skipping a name you both like?

• Options
    imagealphalyrae:
    I think Isabella is a classic, feminine girl's name. I don't care about Twilight, honestly it'll pass by in a few years. However, you are correct that she is likely to be one of 2 or more Isabella's at SOME point in her life. But, is it worth skipping a name you both like?

I agree. Right now Twilight is a big to do, but that will pass. It's a beautiful name.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageJoy2611:

imagecmrc7981:
      I don't want her to be one of 5 Isabella's in her grade every year.  What do you think?

I think if you don't want that, then you need to find a different name.

What about Annabelle?

. This. Soooo over this name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's SOOO common which would make it an automatic no for me.

• Options

It turns me off too!

Suggestions:

Gabriella

Isadora

Isolde

Arabella

Christabelle

Daniela

Elliana

Good luck-- hope you find something you like just as much.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    imageHelenahhandbasket:
    It turns me off too!Suggestions:GabriellaIsadoraIsoldeArabellaChristabelleDanielaEllianaGood luck hope you find something you like just as much.

Bless your heart for adding Isolde! My Isolina is a variation of this name and I have never seen it mentioned in a forum! I love Isabella but it is out if control popular.
    BabyName Ticker
    my read shelf:
    Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

This name has totally lost it's appeal to me. It's so overdone and it's too fussy, IMO. 

I do, however, like Isabel. Or Eleanor. My great aunts were Isabel, Helena and Eleanor :) 

I always thought they made a great sibset! (even if my Aunt Isabel was a horrid person.) 

• Options
     I have always disliked this name very much and it doesn't even really make me think of twilight or anything. The Bella thing really puts me off. I agree as well that if you don't want her to be one of five then you need to find a different name
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• Options
    Isabella/Isabelle has been one of the names I have loved for years...unfortunatley it is overdone, overused and worn out. That is why even though I adore the name, I will never use it.
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options
    i think it a beautiful name. if you both love this name then i would go with it. i do agree that this name is def one of the top names this year it seems. i know 2 girls naming their little ones isabella or bella when they arrive.
  • Options
    imageJoy2611:

imagecmrc7981:
    &nbsp; I don't want her to be one of 5 Isabella's in her grade every year. &nbsp;What do you think?

I think if you don't want that, then you need to find a different name.

What about Annabelle?

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

When I was a kid, I LOVED Isabella. I swore I was going to name my daughter that. BUT then this whole giant Isabella trend came on and now I hear it all the freaking time and I hate it.

So no, don't. Please. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"