November 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else want to quit their job?

And stay home now?

I'm finding it increasingly harder to not only get up and go to work everyday, but to not lose my *** while at work. I'm very seriously considering quitting and staying home with DD for a few years. Except I worked hard to get where I am and am afraid of being unemployable if I give that up.

Re: Anyone else want to quit their job?

• Options
    Uh duh.

I dread going to work. I need to find a work-from-home job.
    V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yup. I had a massive panic attack on my way in today. Had one last week as well. This is no good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

While not the same thing, I am having a hard time finding the motivation to return to school. Mostly because I am tired and my whole day revolves around BF, or at least feels like it does.

However, it has taken me a long time  to get this degree. I am only 12 credits shy and it feels like a huge waste if I do not complete it. 

What type of work do you do that you feel you would be unemployable if you took a break? I can imagine some technology positions would change drastically and easily become outdated in a few years. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hate going to work too. I'm considering going part-time. Financially though, I'm wondering if this would be the best option. I do commute 50 min to and from work everyday. It tacks on an extra 2 hours to my day...so it makes it hard for sure.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• Options
    I loooooove my job. But yeah. I would love it more if I was home with LO.

• Options
    Yes! I am having a hard time getting back into teacher mode. I shouldn't complain since I have good vacation time. But I would much rather spend my day with my own child than 26 others.
    Untitled Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

To be honest, for some reason it has been easier than I thought it would be.

However, my company is allowing me to go to 4 days/week (yah...20% pay cut SUCKS) but it saves us on child care and plus I get an extra day during the week that's just me and her. I choose Tuesday because it was always my least favorite day :)

My boss was strangely cooperative about it... perhaps that's something to think about?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemhaley1107:
    Yes! I am having a hard time getting back into teacher mode. I shouldn't complain since I have good vacation time. But I would much rather spend my day with my own child than 26 others.

This. Except I teach HS so it is more like 180 others...If I wasn't the breadwinner I might see if SAH would work, but it isn't financially possible. Sad face,

• Options
    Me!  I hate leaving DS at daycare every morning.  I get so sad, especially if he's crying when I leave him.  I want so bad to be a stay at home mom, but unfortunately finances won't allow it.

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • Options

imageLuckylove23:
    I'm not the type of person that could stay home, I don't think. But... I miss B every day, it hasn't gotten easier yet. Yesterday DC sent a pic of her all happy and I totally started crying in front of people. So. Not. Me. Physically I feel like poop. I commute an hour each way to work also. Hate that. I work four 10 hour shifts so I worry about being away from her too long during those days. After all that, staying home doesn't sound too bad to me now..

This is exactly how I thought I would be, not a stay at home type. And it's so freaking hard to admit I just want to stay home and love on my baby. I see how fast she is growing every day and the thought of missing her first steps or words or something less milestoney but equally important is tugging at my heart.

• Options

I'm leaving early today for a "check the mirena" appointment and then sneaking home to snuggle DD for a few extra hours.

She was not at all happy to see me last night and it made me so sad.

• Options

I know how you feel. It's been so hard to go back. Daycare told me the other day that DD was chatting up a storm and that they could hear her in the other room and all I could think is how I missed that and at home I just get her during the "witching hours" and I have a huge fear that she's going to prefer her teacher over me since she spends so much more time with them. After many discussions with my husband we decided that I could drop down to part time. I'm happy but scared about it. I'm nervous about the less pay but know that I'll be so much happier getting to spend that extra time with her

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"