Ok, here we are again. However, this week, with not a great deal of time to come up with questions... it is a 5 Thing free-for-all. No preset questions, just 5 things going on with you.
1) My oldest has adjusted pretty well overall so far to the addition of his little brother. Granted, it hasn't been a week yet, but no massive meltdowns or negative behaviors so far. Lets hope it stays that way.
2) *Knock on wood* So far the baby has been pretty chill overall. Rarely ever hear him cry as long as we are proactive on feeding him. Still in that phase where all he wants to do is sleep though.
3) My Hoosiers lost another one on the road... kinda saw this one coming. I figured they'd lose either the Michigan State or Minnesota games on the road. I went into the Big Ten season saying 3 losses will likely win you the regular season and that might wind up ringing true.
4) I am so not wanting to go back to work on Sunday.
5) It is crazy how much my youngest looks like his older brother at the same stage of life. Compared a picture of my oldest and youngest while in the hospital and with the hat on, you could barely tell them apart if Anderson didn't have the tube running to his nose.
1) We have the nursery almost finished. Over the weekend we finished painting and on Monday I got the dresser and crib together and in place. Now we just need all the finishing touches. My wife definitely relaxed more once we got the room to this point. "Now there is a place for him to live"
2) As part of our big cleaning and reorganizing to make room for the baby we have started purging some things. I made a couple hundred bucks over the weekend selling things on craigslist.
3) Managed to get a free upright freezer for the garage. The neighbor of a member of my homebrew club was moving and didn't want to move it. I got there first so it was mine.
4) We did a one day childbirth class over the weekend. It was good. The instructor was pretty laid back about most of it. That fit our personalities well so it really worked for us.
5) The clock feels like it is approaching 0 quickly. Tomorrow will be 2.5 months left before the due date. I'm sure time will slow again as we get closer. Then speed up after he's born when we actually want it to be as slow as possible.
1) We got to hear the heartbeat for the first time on Monday! Wife is 12 weeks now so we are making progress.
2) Her nausea is starting to ease up a little so we are both looking forward to the second trimester.
3) I feel like terrible today. Went to bed with a 100 degree fever and I have lots of muscle soreness and a bad headache. I think it's the flu but I really can't tell. I got the shot so maybe it's helping.
4) It's a Detroit birth-right to hate on referees, and usually I don't like to be "that guy," but the penalty calls in last nights Red Wings loss to the Kings were utterly ridiculous. Two 5-3 power plays for the Kings to help them win the game. Sick.
5) Only one month until our trip to London and Ireland!
1) today is thursday!!! which means 1 more day before I get to be home with my family!!
2) that also means tomorrow is PaY dAy!!!
3) GO USF BULLS!!! Willie Taggert, I BELIEVE!!!!
4) Congrats congress, you finally passed the violence against women act!! how this is controversial is beyond me... now if House republicans can figure out how to come to an agreement with the democratics before the sequester.. that would be great!
5) to all those having babies this weekend.. godspeed, good luck and remember Babies Rock!
skii31:3) GO USF BULLS!!! Willie Taggert, I BELIEVE!!!!
Go Bearcats! Haha. This Frankenstein conference just gets more disappointing as time moves on.
Prime:skii31:3) GO USF BULLS!!! Willie Taggert, I BELIEVE!!!! Go Bearcats! Haha. This Frankenstein conference just gets more disappointing as time moves on.
I stand firm on the belief that this year will be the best ever for Confernce USA... oh crap, I mean for the Big East. After this year it all goes down hill really really really fast. Hopefully USF, Cincy and Louisville can figure out how to get rid of Aresco and take charge of this conference. The best news that has happened for us was Louisville beating up on Florida in the national spotlight... now if only we can continue doing that, we can be set for a while. and possibly get an actually TV Deal.... you know one that includes this thing called "Money"..
skii31:Prime:skii31:3) GO USF BULLS!!! Willie Taggert, I BELIEVE!!!! Go Bearcats! Haha. This Frankenstein conference just gets more disappointing as time moves on. I stand firm on the belief that this year will be the best ever for Confernce USA... oh crap, I mean for the Big East. After this year it all goes down hill really really really fast. Hopefully USF, Cincy and Louisville can figure out how to get rid of Aresco and take charge of this conference. The best news that has happened for us was Louisville beating up on Florida in the national spotlight... now if only we can continue doing that, we can be set for a while. and possibly get an actually TV Deal.... you know one that includes this thing called "Money"..
Louisville is leaving for ACC so they don't really care what happens here. Best case for schools like Cincy and USF is for the Big Ten and SEC to raid ACC and get invites there. Big East just signed new deal with ESPN worth around $130 million. Definitely losing ground fast with the other conferences.
that whole tv deal screwed everyone in the league.. but its the best we could do, due to our previous deal right? and I was thinking of Connecticut as the third member... not Louisville..
1. Looks like U of Akron is doing really great in basketball.
2. Looks like the Big Ten is doing decent in basketball and OSU might go all the way (or another Big Ten team).
3. Looks like The team that shall not be named got beat by unranked Penn State and their #4 ranking is in doubt.
4. I really don't follow basketball that much but since I got my degree from U of Akron and live in Akron, I hear how good or bad they are.
5. We are starting to turn off from the time we get home until 8pm in the evening. Depending on how well this goes and how nice the warmer months are we might expand this to include large chunks of the weekends. (helps that besides tv we are not too tuned into media and electronics.
1) Milwaukee Bucks continue to be one of the five worst pro franchises in all of sports. Traded away young talent for JJ Reddick???
2) Now I am not sick, but my wife is. She has been snoring like crazy, so I have been sleeping in the guest room for the last week.
3) Baby boy celebrated his 6 month half birthday by eating banana for the first time. It has been the one food that has not ended up on his bib.....not a drop!
4) Tourney time is almost here.......
5) We have a 14 year old black lab it is starting to look like we are coming close to the time where we have to put her down. We are holding out for the warm weather to see if that changes anything, but she is really struggling right now. This will be a huge, huge change for our family. The wife will not even talk about it, but it is reality. Lady Jenna has had an awesome life, and she will certainly let us know when she cannot go on anymore.