1st Trimester

Spotting at 7weeks

Today I am 7 weeks pregnant.  I went to use the restroom and noticed that I was spotting.  I only noticed it only after I wiped.  Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

BabyFetus Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Spotting at 7weeks

• Call your doctor in the morning... Any pain? Red blood or brown?
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • Nope, not feeling any pain.  It looks more brown than red, very faint.

BabyFetus Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • awesome thanks Happy_Yahoo_Personaler! Ill try not to freak out and think positive, happy thoughts.  I have an appt w/ my OB this coming Wednesday. =)

BabyFetus Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Brown blood is old blood, red blood is new blood. If its brown with no pain you should be ok. I would call your OB for peace of mind though.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage

Natural M/C at 7 weeks 9.17.08 Natural M/C at 7 weeks 2.1.13

• It's not out of the ordinary to spot in the 1st tri. I spotted from 6w-10w, pretty much everyday, with my daughter. Sometimes red, others brown. I also cramped the whole time, too. Call your OB for your peace of mind, though. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • I just got off the phone with a nurse at my OB's office for the same thing. She assured me that since it's brown, it's old blood.  The cervix becomes more vascular when you're pregnant, and any activity during which you bear down (mine was shoveling the driveway - you can bet that won't happen again!) can cause a blood vessel to burst.

Best case scenario, maybe this will get me the early ultrasound I wouldn't have otherwise.  Worst case scenario... well, there's nothing I can do anyway so I'm going to try not to be paranoid.

• RDK24RDK24 member
    imagerholyoke:

I just got off the phone with a nurse at my OB's office for the same thing. She assured me that since it's brown, it's old blood.  The cervix becomes more vascular when you're pregnant, and any activity during which you bear down (mine was shoveling the driveway - you can bet that won't happen again!) can cause a blood vessel to burst.

Best case scenario, maybe this will get me the early ultrasound I wouldn't have otherwise.  Worst case scenario... well, there's nothing I can do anyway so I'm going to try not to be paranoid.

I had brown spotting around 7 weeks and my doc did her best to calm me down (I freaked out) but ordered an ultrasound to be safe. Our little bean was just fine and she attributed it to cervix sensitivity/a little bleeding that doesn't affect the pregnancy. GL!

pregnantworries.blogspot.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"