3rd Trimester
Options

3 Hour Glucose Question

Hi All,

So I failed my 1 hour test by 3 points - boo! I'm taking the 3 hour tomorrow morning. My Dr. told me to fast. I forgot to ask, and she didn't mention, does this include water? I have a call in to her, but haven't heard back, and now that it's 4pm, I'm thinking I won't hear back. Any help is appreciated!  

Re: 3 Hour Glucose Question

• Options
    I'm taking the 3 hour test tomorrow morning too.  They told me I can drink water.  Good luck, I hope we both pass!
  • Options
    A nurse just called me back and said no water - hmmm. But yes - I hope we both pass!! Good luck to you too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I failed mine by 4 points and have my 3 hour Monday.  They said I could have water and or black coffee.  I think water will be my savior.  Good luck!  I'm hoping the time and effort put into the 3 hour will show that while it was close, I don't have it. 
  • Options
    I failed my 1hr big time! my score was 180! passed 3hr without any problem, the instructions said a small amount of water was ok,
  • Options
    I too have it tomorrow morning. Gosh, crummy 3 hr GTT. My nurse told me to eat a regular dinner, then a half sandwich and glass of milk between 10-12 tonight, come in at 8 am and then start the test. She also said water was fine to have during the fast. It's pretty crazy how specific these rules are but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck to you and the other PP tomorrow! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also had to do the 3 hour glucose test.  I was told to fast beginning at midnight.  No food or water.
  • Options
    I had to take the 3-hour test two weeks ago. My doctor said water was fine.

• Options

Well, just got back from the 3 hour test. The waiting wasn't too terrible. I went in at 7am so there weren't too many people in the waiting room sneezing and coughing and talking on cell phones :) 

Good luck to all of you! Hope we all pass!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"