Working Moms

Judgement Day/UO

2»

Re: Judgement Day/UO

• imageitsmevkb:

imagePrivacyWanted:

And I know there are people who genuinely have low supply issues. But Ihate when people do nothing to figure out why, or claim they have an issue when really it's normal so they say theyhave to give formula. I don't judge for FF v BF but I do judge when someone doesn't just own up to the fact BFing isn't for them and they would rather ff

But the real question is why should they have to justify it by saying anything?  Who cares if it's a low supply issue, anatomy issue, baby tongue tie issue or just I don't feel like breastfeeding issue? Those things only matter if you actually do judge FF vs BF.   It's the judgment that pushes women to try and justify why they didn't breastfeed because they know if they say breastfeeding isn't for me they are going to have to listen to a litany of "don't you want to do what's best for your baby" or "you're selfish" and on and on and on.

I honestly stopped breastfeeding my first due to supply issues but for my second, third and fourth I just didn't want to devote the kind of time to breastfeeding that it requires and so I choose formula feeding.  If people judge that, so be it, but most moms, and especially first time moms, aren't as secure in their choices.

I tried BFing DD, but between jaundice and substantial weight loss, she needed formula. Once she had a bottle, she wouldn't latch.  So I pumped. I would wake up every 2 hours, try to BF, give formula, pump, and try to sleep for 30 mins before the next feeding. I did that for a week, with a spinal headache. Oh, and DD spit out everything I pumped. So at the end of the first week, I was pretty close to insane between the pain of the headaches and the lack of sleep. So I quit.  And i beat myself up for nearly a year  

I'm going to try with DD2, but I won't make myself crazy and I will supplement with formula. 

Judge away.  

• imagembenit4:
    imagehoping4sticky:

I judge those that are on a soapbox about how inefficient and distracted those who work from home are yet never seem to mention that they are on thebump during working hours.

I can only speak for myself and say, I might be on thebump but I am productive and accurate. The stats don't lie.

Yes. Whoever says this should see my numbers for the 3 years I WFH. I cut company costs by 52% working from home. How? Because I could work so much faster without people stopping into my office every 10 minutes to complain about what Jane is wearing or how Suzy doesn't like the way that Kate looked at her at the coffee station this morning. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageEllaHella:

imageMammaBear81:
    I judge parents with a 2+ year old out in public with a pacifier.

What a weird thing to care about. 

Am I the only one way too busy taking care of my own child to not give a damn about inconsequential things?

I judge people who take themselves too seriously in general. And "inconsequential" is absolutely the right word.

My kid is going to turn out great. And she's going to be great even if she watches TV, eats chocolate for dinner and uses a paci past age 2 ... well, IF she ever decided to use a paci since she's always refused them.

That stuff is just details. Family, education, parental involvement ... that's the important stuff. Half the fun on TB is watching people get riled up about fruit pouches and thinking, man, I'm glad I couldn't care less about something so dumb.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageNechie122:
    imageEllaHella:

imageMammaBear81:

Am I the only one way too busy taking care of my own child to not give a damn about inconsequential things?

I judge people who take themselves too seriously in general. And "inconsequential" is absolutely the right word. My kid is going to turn out great. And she's going to be great even if she watches TV, eats chocolate for dinner and uses a paci past age 2 ... well, IF she ever decided to use a paci since she's always refused them. That stuff is just details. Family, education, parental involvement ... that's the important stuff. Half the fun on TB is watching people get riled up about fruit pouches and thinking, man, I'm glad I couldn't care less about something so dumb.

Really?  You call speech, teeth and social issues inconsequential? As I said above, when they are little paci's aren't a big deal, but prolonged use creates issues... one's that can easily be avoided with some "parental involvement".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • imageMammaBear81:
    imageEllaHella:
    imageKathrynMD:
    imageEllaHella:

imageMammaBear81:

LOL @ "too busy to judge"  I think there might have been one day when DD was like 3 weeks old that I was too busy to judge but otherwise. .. nah, I can make time.

Maybe I'm just too lazy and indifferent to care about a paci. That's probably more accurate.

The paci is inconsequential when kids are younger, when they are 2+ years old it impacts the child's teeth, speech, and social skills... call me judgy Mc Judgerson!

Teeth issues from pacis self correct.  The bigger concern is if it impacts their palate.
    Source: my pediatric dentist whose daughter finished with her paci at 3 years old.

2nd source: mom whose 2 year old takes a paci when things are really rough and is secure enough in her parenting decisions to tell other moms to suck their own paci if they don't like it.

Social skills?  Please.  Source?  Anyone?

Signed,
    Judgy McSuckitson

Felicity
  • imageMammaBear81:
    imageNechie122:
    imageEllaHella:

imageMammaBear81:

I judge people who take themselves too seriously in general. And "inconsequential" is absolutely the right word.

My kid is going to turn out great. And she's going to be great even if she watches TV, eats chocolate for dinner and uses a paci past age 2 ... well, IF she ever decided to use a paci since she's always refused them.

That stuff is just details. Family, education, parental involvement ... that's the important stuff. Half the fun on TB is watching people get riled up about fruit pouches and thinking, man, I'm glad I couldn't care less about something so dumb.

Really?  You call speech, teeth and social issues inconsequential? As I said above, when they are little paci's aren't a big deal, but prolonged use creates issues... one's that can easily be avoided with some "parental involvement".

Ha, you're getting way too defensive about this! My DD barely took a bottle as an infant, let alone a pacifier. She was a boob girl. So I never really looked into it. I will say I have never met a child or an adult who has suffered any long term consequences from pacifier use. Like the PP above said, these things tend to work themselves out and all kids eventually give them up. So, yeah, THAT'S what you choose to judge another parent about? Worry about your own kids' pacifier use and stop getting your panties in a bunch over someone else's.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemylittlesunshine:
    I think what makes me twitch is when someone posts about their MIL and then you get those posters who say "well my MIL isn't here anymore or not apart of our lives, I wish we hadnbsp; MIL". It is one of those the grass is always greener I guess.

WTF?? So the fact that my children will never get to know their grandmother and that my husband lost his mother is greener grass???? Watching your MIL suffer in the hospital for months, watching your husband struggle with watching her suffer, seeing him cry as he buried her way too young?? Trying to grieve yourself, but trying to hold it together for your husband and SIL's sake? Greener? I think not. I'd take "crazy" MIL comments any day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For those of you who judge pacifiers - I've found some documented negative effects for use beyond age 3 (dentition & speech related) but a positive effect for use before 6 months (SIDs related) so it's not as if the research is all one way or the other. That said - every time I have a layover in Europe, I see a ton of 4-5 year old kids walking around with them. Conversely, my Persian friends seem to think it's so terrible that they should not be permitted even in infancy - one lady tried to pry the pacifier out of my baby's mouth when she was only 4 months. 

I just wanted to make the point that the reference point for normal varies - I know not everyone has a diverse social circle or gets to travel often, but there are some things we, on average, do well here and there are other things that are, on average, done better elsewhere so there making our immediate surroundings the benchmark for normal may not be the best guide to parenthood. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"