Pregnant after a Loss
Options

**minicheezburg**

I can't seem to find your original post, and have only seen your "2nd look sono update" one, but I see it mentioned a "spot" that is a soft marker for downs. Would it happen to be an intracardiac echogenic focus ("calcium deposit" on the heart)?
My (perfectly healthy, chromosomally typical 2 yo) son had a I.E.F. identified during his anatomy scan at 18 weeks, and it wound up being nothing more than a normal variant. If that is what they found on your daughter, I'd love to point you to a group on facebook dedicated solely to that issue. It did wonders to put my mind at ease. If that's what you are dealing with, let me know and I'll send you the information on the group.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **minicheezburg**

• Options
    YES! The doctors are pretty confident that it is a calcium deposit, they brought up the Downs soft marker and said it is rare that it actually means that. They more time I have had to process it I am leaning towards it being a "cover our butt" thing where they have to cover the possibilities. I would love that info!! You are amazing for reaching out to me! Thank you sooooooo much!
    Me(26)DH(33)
    TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
    BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
    BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."
  • Options

That soft marker RUINED the 1/2 half of my pregnancy with my son. I was fixated on it, and I could not think of anything else. I read every scientific study, every journal on the subject. It became consuming.  I wound up having to deliver by c-section, which intensified my anxiety after birth. The first words I yelled out were, "is he healthy?!!?" The doctors and nurses assured me that he was beautiful, but that didn't answer my question and I kept asking "is he healthy? is he healthy?"

In hindsight, I regret allowing my fear about the spot take away from the happiness that should have been mine during that pregnancy and my delivery. If you can PM me your (facebook) email address, I'll invite you to the Group (Support Group for Intracardiac Echogenic Focus). There are over 300 EIF mamas on there, and to date, I don't believe there has been a single DS baby born to any of them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"