April 2013 Moms

NBR - Safe skincare routine?

I know this is probably a no brainer, but I just found out that the Mary Kay skin care I've been using has ridiculously bad ratings on the EWC's report. Like, some are 7 out of 10 - ten being most hazardous over time. :-/

What do you use as your skincare routine? Not make up, like washes and lotions?

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

Re: NBR - Safe skincare routine?

• I use Purpose cleanser, Elizabeth Arden eye cream, and Garnier BB cream moisturizer. I don't know their rankings, though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm cheap with my beauty routine St. Ives Apricot face scrub and Oil of Olay moisturizer. Works f
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm cheap with my beauty routine St. Ives Apricot face scrub and Oil of Olay moisturizer. Works for me.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Eeek! I usually use Philosophy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use philosophy's purity wash love it! Gets eye makeup and all. I also use their Hope in a Jar moisturizer.
  • I use my Artistry Essentials skin care line and love it!! So far not one pimple or blemish this pregnancy and my skin has been very even :) I have a travel size that I ordered the other day coming I can let you try it out once I get it :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Kiehls moisturizing cleanser. It's a little pricey, but lasts a long time. I love it!
  • Neutrogena Naturals cleanser. I don't need lotion right now because I sweat all night long, which seems to really soften my already oily skin.
  • What Mary Kay products are you using? I sell and call MK and made sure I could continue what I was using while pregnant. They only thing they said not to use is the spot treatment and the new renew line. I even brought everything to my OB and he okayed it. Im interested to find out more info! What is EWC?
  • Aveeno face scrub; L'Oreal anti-aging lotion ("fights ten signs of aging!").  The end.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Philosophy Purity face wash. First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 eye cream, Origins face lotion for day (a perfect world) and Ole Henriksen's Nuture Me at night. I haven't been using my usual serums lately, but I like Caudalie's Vinoperfect ... Or Dr Weil by Origins.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use the Clinique 3 step system for extra sensitive skin.  One of my bff's got me a Clarisonic for Christmas and I've noticed my skin is doing much better on days when I remember to use it.  The pregnancy hormones really mess with my skin, I even had to switch brands last time around.  This time I've found that if I just use face wash and the clarisonic and then skip the toner & moisturizer my skin clears up better.  It's still not great, but it's better than feeling like an oily mess.  GL OSC!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
    You fill me!!! Z! My BFP Chart
  • Aveeno daily face scrub, St Ives collagen elastin moisturizer
    BabyName Ticker
  • imagercantor:
    I'm cheap with my beauty routine St. Ives Apricot face scrub and Oil of Olay moisturizer.

I use the exact same two products.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • I use Ava Non-Toxic Products.  I think everything scores less than 2 on EWG.  I have a friend that sells it (like a Mary Kay type sell from home business)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"