Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Another four month wakeful post

Since I transitioned DS from his bassinet to crib he hasn't slept the same. The consistancy of his bedtime routine has been up in the air also. I am so tired. He went from waking 1 to 2 times a night to every 2 to 3 hours max. My husband works FT so all of this is on me and now DS won't even let dH put him to sleep whereas he used to. Now were at four months and I'm not sure if this is part four month wakeful or what. I am not into the CIO method but would love suggestions on how to gently sleep train the little guy. DH comes home from work at 6:30 and I feel like as he should be winding down, he plays with him and stimulates him despite me telling him not to. This feels like such an uphill battle. Sorry for the rant but I am desperate.

Re: Another four month wakeful post

• I forgot to mention the transition was at 2.5 months.
  • My LO is 15 weeks and we are going through the exact thing, except he has always slept in his crib. DH gets home after 6 and tries to play with Higgins and then LO gets over tired and won't let DH put him to bed. We are also up every 2 to 3 hours. It is exhausting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you find a solution let me know. I'm trying to implement a better schedule for him but it's hard because he feeds on demand and usually falls asleep nursing. He has also napped on me or DH since day one. He has always refused to nap on his own and in the beginning he would be up for 9 hours straight if I tried putting him down every time. He's a high needs baby.
  • Our doctor told us to pat and shush DD to sleep versus nursing or rocking to sleep. What worked for DD more was rubbing her back... in a figure 8 kinda as well as shushing her softly. We saw huge improvement with this. So basically lay LO down in his crib and shush and pat him to sleep. Basically try to soothe him without picking him up or nursing him (unless he is hungry or wet obviously). Our doctor said this could take up to a few hours and on the first night it did. But then night by night it got easier to a point now where when we put DD down she falls asleep on her own without the patting. She still wakes up but nowhere near as often as she was before. Good luck to you! : )
  • I have tried this so many times and it leads to pure chaos. I've tried naps this way too and he ends up exhausted from not sleeping. 
  • My DD starting startling herself awake alot a few week ago.  We went back to swaddling and that helped, but she has outgrown all of her swaddles.  I found this product called a woombie---its like aswaddle but for bigger babies.  This has helped us tremendously because she doesn't startle awake anymore.  DD usually goes to bed at 7 and gets up at 1 and 5----totally manageable in my opinion!
  • I am totally where you are at.  Not sure what to tell you to try as I am struggling as well.  Lets hope we can hang in there

• imagejustinesmith08:
    My DD starting startling herself awake alot a few week ago.  We went back to swaddling and that helped, but she has outgrown all of her swaddles.  I found this product called a woombie---its like aswaddle but for bigger babies.  This has helped us tremendously because she doesn't startle awake anymore.  DD usually goes to bed at 7 and gets up at 1 and 5----totally manageable in my opinion!

DS is also in a woombie and I've increased his tummy time but still no dice :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"