July 2013 Moms
Options

Nursery furniture

Being a FTM, I'm wondering if there is some registry etiquette I'm not aware of when it comes to nursery furniture.  From what I've heard, it sounds like most of you ladies plan on purchasing all of your nursery furniture.

Now, I am in no way expecting someone else to buy it for us, but is there anything super wrong with putting it on the registry?  We do plan on buying the glider soon, but I am in no rush to buy the crib and changing table this early.  So I figure if we happen to get any cash gifts we can put it toward it, or if people choose to go in on a big gift that would be great, as my aunts often go in on one big gift.  I'm just wondering, will people look at my registry and gasp if I have furniture on it?

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: Nursery furniture

• Options
    i think there is no harm in adding it, you never know someone might buy it
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've never had a baby shower before, but my personal opinion is as long as you have plenty of lower priced options for guests to choose from, it's fine. I wouldn't have my heart set on receiving the furniture as it is a big ticket item, but I know a lot of stores offer registry completion discounts. It can't hurt to have it on there and get that extra discount if you purchase afterwards.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will be putting ours on our registry for a couple of reasons. My soon-to-be MIL has already said she wanted to buy us a crib, and wants us to pick one out soon. If we put it on the registry it's easier for her to find exactly what we want. If something were to change and we decided to buy it ourselves (ie if I find a really good deal on it somewhere, I'd rather buy it myself for a great price than ask someone else to buy it at full price) we would still add it to the registry and have the item marked as purchased. Having it on the registry gives people an idea of your style & taste, if they can see what color the furniture is, if it's classic, modern, etc, they can get a better idea of the kind of feel you want the nursery to have, if they choose to make something to coordinate, or to buy something that's not specifically on your registry. I wouldn't ONLY register for the furniture, but it doesn't hurt to have it on there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i dont see any harm in putting it on your registry, you never know you may get it..:
  • Options
    We might put some on our registry, because upon completion, we get a voucher worth 10% of the sum that was spent on our registry. So even if no one else buys it and we buy it ourselves, it will give us a nice bonus. Besides, I expect my parents and inlaws to buy us a slightly bigger item, so I think they may go for the bassinet or crib. (We already have most other furniture.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My FIL is making our furniture, but I have friends who put theirs on their registry so that they could buy it with the completion discount at the end. I don't think anyone looked at them twice for having it there!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options

Thanks everyone, I feel better now.  Also having it on there for the completion discount makes a lot of sense. 

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"