Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baby Bedtime Questions

My DD is 12 weeks and is formula fed.  I generally feed her on demand during the day but try not to exceed 4 hours so that she is consuming her calories during the day and can go longer stretches during the night.  

We start her bedtime routine around 7:30 which involves book and daddy giving her the bottle (and bath Wed and Sun).  

The past few nights she has eaten around 5:30.  Should I give her another bottle around 7:30 when we start her bedtime routine?  I never know what to do because I don't want to get her to bed and have her wake up in 2 hours hungry.  Yet I also don't want to over feed her of course.  

Lately she's been sleeping from around 8:30-6AM.  I feed her at 6 AM and then she takes a 1 or 2 hour nap on me of course.  

I should probably not give her 2 bottles so close together but it's so much work getting her to sleep that we want her to stay asleep! 

Re: Baby Bedtime Questions

• Options
    Both my babies have been FF on demand and both (or at least so far with DD) have put themselves on an every 2-3 hour feeding schedule.  Obviously every baby is a little different though.  In your situation even given that it sounds like she tends to eat every 3-4 hours I personally would go ahead and offer a bottle right before bed to see if she wanted anything.  She might not take a full feed, but she may be interested in a few ounces to fill her tummy before bed.  Just don't force it on her of course!
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I agree with the PP on this. My son is formula fed and has also put himself on an every 2-3 hour feeding schedule during the day. Even if his last bottle was an hour or 2 before bedtime, I still offer one right before we put him down...even if he only takes a few ounces.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keep your bed time routine, maybe a half a bottle at 5 and then a full or other half at 7... But by keepin a routine it will teach baby this is when it's time to sleep, and... They will learn to self soothe easier when you keep a routine! Don't be crazy about stickin to it 100 but generally.. I know I am pretty much a FTM but I also am 1 class away from a BS in early child development.. I would get the book ages and stages best book I ever read!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"