Toddlers: 24 Months+

confession

yes I use the tv,ipad and ipod as a babysitter sometimes. Anyone else? My son will sit on my bed with the ipad while I get a shower in. Sometimes I will have him watch his program on tv while we eat.

please tell me Im not the only one!

Suzanne & Pasquale 9/9/07
Our Journey in Blog.
My Blog
Our Sweet boy Luca Salvatore 10/6/10 & Our precious daughter, Arianna Regina 4/9/13

Re: confession

• Of course i do too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do. I have a whole list on my DVR just for these moments.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I wish my son would sit and watch tv or the iPad!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • For showers, making dinner, or just when I need a break - yes.  (Though she has set times she gets to watch it, so those activities coincide with those times often.)

For dinner, though, absolutely not.  Eating while watching TV is a good way to teach your brain to ignore signals of being full and to learn to overeat.  It's just a really unhealthy habit.  (One that I'm still trying to break myself of!)  We would do this for lunch occasionally before, but she got too into it, so I'm not doing food while the TV is on any more. 

And if it's a time when we're all together, I want us to be interacting with each other, not a screen. I grew up in a home where we regularly ate dinner in front of the TV every night, and it's an unhealthy habit I don't want my daughter to get into.  (I'm not trying to say it's evil - if we're all horridly sick with the flu again, we'll likely be eating at the TV on the couch because I don't want to get up, if we're eating at all!)

IMG_8355
  • When I'm nursing our 4wk old and I can hear her getting into something, you better believe I turn on the TV! No shame here.
  • New nursing baby = heck yes to TV!  Super Why is my best friend.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You're not the only one! We totally do it too
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're not the only one.  DD has learned that "Mommy is going to cook dinner now" = TV time.  Also, if I need to put her hair up.  And especially if she's sick.
  • That's how I cook dinner too. He's a climber. I can't just let him play unsupervised.
  • I'm have to say my daughter knows how to work my phone almost as well as me. She knows what games to play and how to get onto Disney Jr to watch her shows. She's in love with Mickey Mouse, and I don't have a problem at all letting her watch that and Little Einstein. They're educational and fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"