September 2012 Moms

Is This Creepy?

So, I joined a local mom's group to meet people, and there's one other woman who has a baby E's age.  Most of the meetups are play date type things, which is fun, but of course geared toward older kids.  I've thought about sending her a message to see if she wants to get together for lunch or coffee or something with the babies since a) we're kind of the odd ducks out at play group and b) that's something we can actually do with babies and c) she seems cool and I'd like to get to know her better.

But then I get all worried--is that creepy and stalkerish?  Would you be weirded out if someone you met at playgroup asked you on a "friend date?"

Am I in fact a crazy person for even worrying about this? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is This Creepy?

• Not creepy.

Go for it!
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • Dude, go for it.  She's probably wondering the same thing.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Not creepy at all...I think that's a great idea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Go for it! My moms groups has kids in all ages, but those of us with LOs around a certain age, 18m3y, also gtg separately at people's houses for ageappropriate play dates. Because let's face it, 4yos would eat my 21m old for breakfast during a play group.

As new members join your moms club, invite those with you get babies to be a part of your "age specific" club.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Just do it.  The worst she can say is no.  Your internet persona is pretty cool....I imagine IRL you're pretty cool as well. 

Fact: Everyone wants more cool friends. 

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I say go for it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You creepy creeper! 

Nah, dude, not creepy. But I hear ya--friend "dating" is one of those awkward realities of adult/mommy life, I'm learning. 

• I don't think it's creepy, I just don't think I would have the guys to do it. Maybe she's thinking the same thing but just doesn't have the guts?

• imageyogitea01:
    It's only creepy if you bring her flowers and silk panties.

Darn it!  There go all my good ideas...

Thanks guys--I feel like a loser even worrying about this, but you've convinced me--sending email now :) 

• imageyogitea01:
    It's only creepy if you bring her flowers and silk panties.

Yes 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do you live in a bigger city? We have a separate Meetup group for babies born in 2012, so you could always try starting one. There could be more infant moms that aren't involved in the other group if most of the play dates aren't baby friendly. We also have special infant-geared events in our regular area Meetup group. 

• imageKellersPrag:
    Not creepy. Go for it!

Yes

• Def. do it.
    Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards