2nd Trimester
Options

NBR: When would you schedule a 3rd bday party?

Morning? Afternoon? I am thinking a 3-hour party max. Any and all thoughts appreciated. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: NBR: When would you schedule a 3rd bday party?

• Options
    We just had Lucas' 2nd bday party. We had it from 3-whenever (it was just family) and almost everyone left at 5.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

My kids are 2, 4 and 6 so I've done this a few times. I usually do late afternoon of early evening on weekend night (Fri, Sat or Sun). I've also done late morning on Sat. I don't usually do weeknights and I HATE when parents of preschoolers do parties during traditional naptime hours (noon or 1-3ish). My kids have all been big nappers and I've actually turned down invites to parties during these times b/c I know my kid will be a nightmare.

I usualy do 2 hours but whatever feels right. I agree I wouldn't go longer than 3 hours at that age.

A friend our ours actually had her 4 year old's party recently from 5:30-8:30 on a Friday evening. I actually like that. I just picked my daughter up from daycare and took her straight there. Of course - she's 4 so most of us left our kids and didn't say - and I wouldn't go till 8:30p with 3 year olds..

I liked that the party wasn't smack in the middle of the weekend.

For that same reason - I like when people have late afternoon Sunday parties. That way, even if we go visit grandparents or whatnot that weekend - we can plan to be back in time for party.

I guess I prefer generally, as a host, the 3-5pm timeframe for lots of littles. That way, everyone can nap if they wish, I don't have to provide a meal, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

After the most common nap time, so later afternoon.  One of us has had to miss so many of DD's friend birthday parties lately because they're always during DS naptime.

• Options
    We usually do late afternoon-ish. 2 or 3. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We did DD's from 11-3.  It was perfect...we did Pottery/ had lunch/cake then want home just in time for naps
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options

We just booked our daughter's upcoming 3rd birthday party and we're doing 11-2 on a Sunday (the only reason we chose Sunday over Saturday is because the indoor playground we're holding it at is less busy on Sundays). We know most of, if not all the kids invited don't really nap anymore so that's not really an issue for us.

• Options
    Another vote for 3-5 here. 
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had DD's 3rd birthday party last year from 1-3 and some people stayed until 5. I think 2 hours is good.
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    we either schedule from 11-1, so that I can make it to nap. or 3:30p-5:30p.  like an above poster said, i hate it when someone schedules a birthday party during nap and we typically do not RSVP yes if it is during nap.my kids are big nappers and for right now, I'm not willing to give that up for the tantrums later.
  • Options
    2/2:30 - 4/4:30.  We are an early to rise, early to bed family and eat dinner at 5pm and bed by 6:30.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Around 11 . My son was a good napper and napped from 1-5 everyday
  • Options
    The ones I've been to are usually around noon.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    Just had a 3rd birthday party for DD.  We did 11-1.  The kids played, we had pizza, opened presents, had cake, they played a bit longer, and then everyone went home.  We either do the 11 am with lunch start time or a 4 pm with dinner start time.  It works for our group of friends and family.
  • Options
    We just had our DD's 3rd Birthday Party this past Saturday.  We had it from 10-12.  It was held at a bouncy house, so the kids jumped for an hour, then we all went into the party room for pizza, drinks and cupcakes.  Everyone was welcome to either leave or jump some more.  I think it was a big hit.  Also - the children we invited were all from her daycare class so everyone has the same nap schedule!  12:30-2:30.  I loved having it this early as it wasn't eating up everyone's Saturday. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"