July 2013 Moms
Options

Someone describe Braxton hicks

This morning I have 3 or 4 times where I get a sharp/tight pain in my abdomen. It only lasts a few seconds. Braxton Hicks?

And when do I worry? Lol. If I have so many an hour? Are real contractions different?

Re: Someone describe Braxton hicks

• Options

To me, they just feel like your stomach (well, your uterus) getting really really tight and super hard.  I didn't really think that they hurt, just uncomfortable (so i wouldn't describe it as pain per say).  Towards the end of my last pregnancy, they did start to become more on the painful side though.

You only need to start worrying if they consistently like every 5 minutes for like an hour or something (probably not exact) but if you have a couple in an hour, it's not a big deal.  Real contractions are predictable (so every 3 minutes and last for 1 minute, etc)

BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks. I'm having an emotional day and this isn't helping...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hope your day gets better and that the pain subsides!!
  • Options
    My doctor told me if I was having them 10 or more times an hour to contact the office. Hope your day gets better!

• Options
    Thanks guys. My husband just surprised me by taking most of his day off work. He brought home a movie and some chocolate. He's a good one c:
  • Options
    Sounds like you're having RLP to me.
  • Options

imageJasmineeelizabeth:
    Sounds like you're having RLP to me.

Ditto, this sounds like what I believe to be round ligament pain, based on what my doctor described. Hang in there!

• Options

I am only 18 weeks pregnant and I def have some small BH when I haven't been drinking enough water or when I REALLY have to pee but don't go for whatever reason.....like I just went 5 mins ago!!! I would def talk to your doctor and if they are happening more frequently or don't go away with rest and water....or a movie and chocolate :) That sounds like a better solution! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"