October 2013 Moms

Vent :: Prego Hormones Overreacting

So, we planned to have dinner for MIL's birthday next weekend and announce to them. We invited SIL, of course, and she is actually able to make it so that worked out even better. Until tonight, when SIL text me and said "Do you have news?" Ummm...what?! Who asks that? I obviously overracted (we had a falling out a couple years ago and still aren't totally back to the way we used to be)...and basically just asked her why she would ask me that. She said she has a feeling...but for real, does she want me to just text her with that kind of news? Is it that hard to just wait until next weekend and see if your gut feeling is confirmed? Sooo annoyed.

Has anyone outed you before you were ready to tell? Or ruined your announcement? 

BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: Vent :: Prego Hormones Overreacting

• DH did that to me this pregnancy. He spilled the beans at a dads night out so everyone in our moms group knew when I was only six weeks and a couple days. I was pretty upset.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • I lied to them. flat out. nope, not yet. because I was "not yet" ready to tell them lol
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • SIL did this to me too. We invited them out to dinner just the 4 of us and that's all she asked me all day up until dinner. Once we told them she was so calm about it and was like yea I knew you could have just told me we didn't have to do dinner. 

Since H and I have a rocky relationship with them we were trying to be nice. But I won't do that again. 

• My co workers did this.  We are all really close and they knew pretty much as soon as I did.  When we had our first US and saw the heartbeat I text them and they spread the word to all my clients as they came in.  For days every time I sat down with a new client they were like "So I hear we've got big news".  It's fine though, they are excited and so am I.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"