Houston Babies
Options

Intro and moving to Houston

Hi ladies!  My DH was just offered a job in Houston.  Neither of us have ever been there (he went just for the interview) and we're not sure where to look for housing.  I'm not a city girl, so I started doing some research on the suburbs and Galveston County looks like it might be nice.  Can anyone give any suggestions as to nice areas to move to?  Thanks!
image BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Intro and moving to Houston

• Options
    Depending where he is gonna be working at, but sugarland is a well settled neighborhood, it has lower prop taxes you get more house for the money, it has shops and restaurants, the woodlands is nice too dont go to galveston clearlake is closer, less traffic and better homes, good luck, welcome to houston
  • Options

imageDoraMorales:
    Depending where he is gonna be working at, but sugarland is a well settled neighborhood, it has lower prop taxes you get more house for the money, it has shops and restaurants, the woodlands is nice too dont go to galveston clearlake is closer, less traffic and better homes, good luck, welcome to houston

Thank you.  I will take a look at those areas.  We are flying down in 2 weeks to check everything out.

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Good morning!  My husband and I moved to Houston in May 2011 for his job as well (Military Perm. Change of Duty Station).  I see where Sugarland was recommended which was a good suggestion.  Also look in the Clear Lake area (cities: Friendswood, Webster, League City, etc.).  My husband and I rent a nice home in the Friendswood area and we are super close to good schools, good medical facilities, and a wealth of shopping and food!  I would suggest renting first to get an idea of where you really want to settle, befor buying a place.  Houston traffic is a nightmare - any time of day - so Clear Lake is about 30-45+ minutes from Downtown Houston. 

Don't hesitate to e-mail me if you have any other questions as you prep for your Houston visit =)csgeorge84@yahoo.com.  Always happy to help!

• Options
    Yes, it definitely depends on where his position will be located. Houston is really spread out, it can take 1.5 hours getting from north to south with no traffic. I live in Clear Lake and travel to the Galleria area for work and it takes me about an hour one way and that's with me leaving at 6:30 in the morning and 4:30 in the afternoon. Best of luck to you and welcome Big Smile
  • Options
    I've lived in Houston all my life all around the best places to live
    Klein Tomball area thats where I live and its outside the city.
    Cypress
    the woodlands
    spring preferably east from I45 and north of Louetta road
    cinco ranch
    katy
    magnolia its north of tomball
    river oaks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"