Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Chicco KeyFit 30

Does anyone have one of the models that comes with the "boot?"

Since we're Team Green, I'm sticking with looking at some of the more neutral patterns and I know The Graphica pattern and the Romantic pattern come with the boot.

They seem more expensive, so I didn't know if it was worth it or if I'd actually even use the boot.  I'm due at the end of June, so I probably wouldn't need it for awhile, anyway.

Thanks!

image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chicco KeyFit 30

• Options
    I have the Chicco KeyFit Magic 30 and it comes with the boot. The reason I got that model was for the larger sun shade, the infant insert, and the softer fabric. I wasnt sure if I would like the boot but its been really great in the winter and I have used it constantly. Helps keep her covered and warm and also helps keep the blankets tucked in. Not sure if it would be worth it for the summer though, especially if you live in a hot area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageermo515:
    I have the Chicco KeyFit Magic 30 and it comes with the boot. The reason I got that model was for the larger sun shade, the infant insert, and the softer fabric. I wasnt sure if I would like the boot but its been really great in the winter and I have used it constantly. Helps keep her covered and warm and also helps keep the blankets tucked in. Not sure if it would be worth it for the summer though, especially if you live in a hot area.

Is that what the difference is, the Magic is softer?  For some reason the Magic is listed under preemie gear on BRU and the other model is not, I think..

• Loading the player...
  • Options

there are 4 differences from what I can tell. First, the sun shade is about 3 times larger than any other infant seat I could find. this was the deal breaker for me. It has 3 panels instead of 1. Second, the material is just so much nicer and softer. You have to see it to believe it. Third, the infant insert seems to be far more supportive than other seats. It cradles the head and the body- maybe this is why it is listed under the preemie section? Fourth, it has the boot. It has everything the keyfit 30 has but more- totally worth the extra $10 in my opinion. I really dont mind the brown color, but i guess that would be a game changer for some. 

• Options
    We have the Chicco Romantic with the boot. I hate the boot, it is weird getting it snapped on and it is very loud. It crinkles really loud. We love the car seat but got the Bundle Me car seat cover instead of using the boot and it works great. 
  • Options
    I have the Romantic keyfit with the boot. I bought it mainly for the pattern and honestly I never used the boot even though I had a fall baby.  I think that winter was mild and we didn't spend much time outside to really need it.  Since then it seems all the keyfit models went up in price, with a ~$5 dollars difference for the boot version.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"