July 2013 Moms
Options

Bras

I'm hoping you ladies have good suggestions on where to get a supportive good bra? I think I'm going to need a 34E at least not in Victorias Secret sizing, as they always measure cup sizes bigger and its been very hard to find the larger sizes. If nursing bras are supportive enough, I might as well go with that now, but I'm not sure if they can pull up as much?

Re: Bras

• Options

I'm a 46F now, and using a nursing bra.  In the larger sizes, they tend to be wired, with a snap that unhooks the cup (and a length of fabric that remains connected between the snap on the shoulder strap and the rib band.)

I honestly haven't been able to find any bras that are supportive that aren't in this style... so I made the switch early to a nursing bra, and don't regret it at all! :)

To note, however, these all seem to be lightly padded for some reason I don't understand, and ugly as heck!

ETA: I got mine from Motherhood Maternity

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I finally upgraded my bras yesterday, and oh man! You will be so glad when you do! I was able to find mine at VS (went up to a 34DD from a 34D), but I've seen some decent looking ones in the maternity stores, as well - Motherhood and Thyme (which I think is a Canadian store, but I've heard BRU sells their line). I decided not to buy nursing bras yet, in case I expand again when that time comes.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was a DDD starting off so finding a bra was complete hell. They don't fit as well as my old bras fit me but I was able to fit into a thyme maternity bra in a DDD. The lady said they fit really big and I was surprised when she was right. The problem is that in my area the only stores that carry bigger sizes than a DDD are very very expensive.
  • Options

imageSilv3rlining:
    I'm with you on that. I have just resorted to wearing sports bras for the time being. I started at 32C and am measuring at a 32DDD (F) right now. It has been difficult to find one in my size, at a reasonable price, that I actually like the way it looks/feels...

I am also using a sports bra now but I am afraid it's not supporting as it should... I'm FTM and I know you cannot really prevent stretch marks but as my boobs were tiny (B) and now I am really feeling gravity (for the first time) I am afraid I am not taking care of them :S I don't know what to do because normal wired bras make my life miserable at this point...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Options
    I have been loving the Lululemon energy bra (sports bra).  Very supportive even for my DDs, and it feels wonderful to not have underside digging in.  Plus, it has room so I do not have to keep changing sizes.  You could also try Soma.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bra shopping is the worst! It cracks me up to see nursing bras in size c I'm thinking really? How would it be to fit into a c whole nursing im 20 weeks and started in a full D now I'm worried about poking someones eye out let alone keeping the girls up from dropping!
  • Options
    imagesandraynic:

imageSilv3rlining:
    I'm with you on that. I have just resorted to wearing sports bras for the time being. I started at 32C and am measuring at a 32DDD (F) right now. It has been difficult to find one in my size, at a reasonable price, that I actually like the way it looks/feels...

I am also using a sports bra now but I am afraid it's not supporting as it should... I'm FTM and I know you cannot really prevent stretch marks but as my boobs were tiny (B) and now I am really feeling gravity (for the first time) I am afraid I am not taking care of them :S I don't know what to do because normal wired bras make my life miserable at this point...

I am usually an A and now a C, I switched to my nursing bras from when I had DD and they are so comfortable. They are sort of like a sports bra, they don't have a clip in the back just slip on. This is the one I have...

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=993890361&MasterCategory_Id=MC29&green=A00E73AD-8E53-5AC9-02D9-09F01E539750 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"