May 2013 Moms
Options

Update on I have Gestational diabetes post

So I spoke with my new dietician today.I got my booklets,my diet menus,my meters,etc.Its actually not too bad.Im gonna suck it up check my blood sugar four times a day,start walking daily and follow my menus.So far I don't need any insulin so I'm happy about that.This is just to give hope to any one else diagnosed with it and thinking its the end of the world like I was this morning.Hopefully,no one else will be diagnosed and Good luck to anyone having to take the test soon!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update on I have Gestational diabetes post

• Options
    Thanks for posting this...I had my test this afternoon and even though I'm not too freaked out about it, it's nice to know what to expect should one be diagnosed.
  • Options

Great attitude! And FWIW, I had GD with my last pregnancy and even wound up having daily insulin injections.

However, I actually passed my one hour GTT at 14 & 28 weeks with this pregnancy. So, it's not a forgone conclusion that you will face GD in subsequent pregnancies.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was diagnosed early, and it truly isn't to terrible! Most of the things they have told me will make my blood sugar high, don't! But FYI subway's wheat bread makes it go super high. Everyone is different but it really isn't too bad!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You know what on my first day testing today immediately after speaking with dietician I had no time for meal planning so I decided to get a 6 inch on wheat...and yes after testing my blood sugar was 134 when the max should've been 120! I guess I'll either be doing salads or only half of the bread from now on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"