Multiples
Options

cervical change third trimester

so had my cervix measured today and it went from 3.2 to 2.6 in the matter of two weeks, i'm 31 1/2 weeks with twins? I talk to the doctor tomm but just wondering if this seems like a big change etc? any advice?

Re: cervical change third trimester

• Options

At 28 weeks my cervix went from a 4.4 to a 2.7 in two weeks. I really freaked out about it but my OB says the cervix isn't constant. It fluctuates and thickens and thins with and without activity. She said thinning isn't necessarily a slippery slope and a sign that everything will fall apart. Your cervix is supposed to thin out the farther along in pregnancy you get. After a month my cervix is measuring a 2.2 now and she's still very happy with that.

Cervical length is one of those numbers that is highly variable. In fact it can change right on the screen while you're having it measured. Kinda crazy. HTH!

TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• Options
    imageRachel Goldstein:

At 28 weeks my cervix went from a 4.4 to a 2.7 in two weeks. I really freaked out about it but my OB says the cervix isn't constant. It fluctuates and thickens and thins with and without activity. She said thinning isn't necessarily a slippery slope and a sign that everything will fall apart. Your cervix is supposed to thin out the farther along in pregnancy you get. After a month my cervix is measuring a 2.2 now and she's still very happy with that.

Cervical length is one of those numbers that is highly variable. In fact it can change right on the screen while you're having it measured. Kinda crazy. HTH!

I have asked my OB about this because I am worried about PTL. She basically said the same exact thing to me as this.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    After 28 weeks my MFM stopped doing cervix measurements for exactly the reason that PP said. Hth!
  • Options
    My OB only checked after 28 weeks to ensure it wasn't dilating to try and predict any ptl issues. He told me as pp said that after 28 to 30 weeks it will start to thin and change to prepare for labor and its totally normal for length changes after 28 weeks. Mine fluctuated my entire pregnancy.

He also said they are more concerned about actual dilation after 28 weeks instead of length.
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"