Two Under 2
Options

Moms of 3 pls tell me some advantages of having 3

Hi ladies. I'm 22 weeks with my third, surprise BFP, my first two are 15 months apart. This baby will be 22 months younger then my DD. I'm still freaking out and very much overwhelmed daily about how this is going to work. Are there any advantages to having a third that im not thinking of lol? Side note..we recently moved 8 hours away from all of our friends and family so I have no help. Also if I sound really negative, I've been off my depression/anxiety meds during this pregnancy so I'm not in a good place right now. Any advice would be very much appreciated!!
TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moms of 3 pls tell me some advantages of having 3

• Options
    For me, once I learned how to multitask (so going from1-2 babies) adding a thrid was pretty easy... Your oldest toddler will probably start being a little independent by the time the third one arrives.  We would set up clothes for the week, and he could undress himself in the morning, and mostly dress himself, which helped a TON.  GL, and I would see a dr about your meds, maybe there is something else you can take that is safe during pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    Thanks mammabear. I'm hoping going from 1to 2 is more of a challenge than 2 to 3. I'm sure there are medications I could take but i don't feel right taking them. I just don't think there's enough long term research on pregnancy and those kinds of meds.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

like mamabear I had the hardest transition from 1 to 2.

But adding my 3rd was almost too easy (I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop). 

There are challenges unique to each age range (for instance I'm nuts and I have just over a 25m gap between 1 & 3) but it is so worth it after all.

There are also pros unique to each situation. My 2nd has medical issues and we maybe "over babied" him if possible. Watching him with the baby has made me realize he's really not as fragile as I believe. 

BFP #1 10/28/09 EDD 06/24/10- Miscarriage 11/2/09
    BFP #2 11/30/09 EDD 08/12/10- Sophia Grace born 8/1/10
    BFP #3 11/16/10 EDD 08/04/11- Samuel Richard born 7/28/11
    BFP #4 01/04/12 EDD 09/19/12- Simon Nathaniel born 9/6/12
    BFP #5 03/27/13 EDD 11/25/13- Savannah Lee born 11/18/13
  • Options

It will be crazy...especially if you stay at home with them (I do).  My day consists of breaking up fights, cleaning and feeding them...with the majority of it in the cleaning department.  Constant laundry, constant crumbs, constant dish doing and constant taking out the trash...etc...BUT...I would not have it any other way...cliche, I know.  I do know that the craziness at home will soon end for me.  DS will start all day kindergarten and DD#1 will be going to preschool two mornings out of the week starting in August.  So the constant that is now will soon end...which honestly makes me a  little sad.  They are super fun...especially when they get to the age where they can help cook and do fun projects...it is a special time in my life and their life that I will never get back.    

My biggest advice is to just stay organized and on top of things...dont let laundry go an extra day...and just tidy up as the day goes and have them help with things they can handle..i.e. loading plates in dish washer, helping sweep kitchen floor...stuff like that.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options
    For me trasitioning from one to two was MUCH harder then two to three. I agree stay organized but be flexible you never know what kind of moods you'll run into throughout the day so don't be upset if things don't always stay organized. I suggest looking into busy bags or plastic bag games . You can find them on Pinterest there amazing you make up ziplock bags of small games kids can play on there own with simple craft supplies when you need a break or need to have five minutes to pee you can wip out these bags and keep the older two entertained . Also plan ahead if you have to leave the house even if its to go to the park have your diaper bag and a snack bag packed the day before its even a good idea to plan outfits the day before if your anything like me you may feel rushed in the mornings to get out the door and that rushed feeling may stay with you though out the day so having a everything ready or at least a list to go on will help with the rushed feelings . Other then all that just enjoy the little moments you know by now that kids grow up so fast and these stages don't last forever so when there doing something precious take time out and just enjoy you'll never look back on your life as a mom as say " hey I wish I would have spent more time doing the laundry " no your more likely to look back and say " hey I wish I spent more time just enjoying my kids " hope I helped somewhat congrats on the new baby I'm on my fourth so ill be in the thick of it too come summer .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"